Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:02 AM

Author Topic: DRO Issue Experts Needed ???  (Read 4524 times)

DRO Issue Experts Needed ???
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Hi all so I have set up my system ( smooth stepper on Wabaco f1210 mill ) and all seems to be working good except I seem to be having issues with the DRO, heres what happens,
When I zero my axis and perform my required job move I then press the "move to zero" button to repeat the procedure but about 8/10 times one of the axis usually ends up at 0.0012-0.0016 this also happens if I enter g-code, say for instance if i enter g0x100 it sometimes ( not always ) ends up at 99.988 on the DRO or something of the sort, again I watched today as I used the pocket cut wizard on Mach it should have performed 1.2mm deep cuts per pass but ended up showing 1.1988 on the DRO, this happens weather the motors are attached or not ( the control unit is from MDA precision )

Any trouble shooting tips would be great .

Many Thanks
Re: DRO Issue Experts Needed ???
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »
Hi Forgot to mention that if I press the "move to zero" button again after the first time hits 0.0012 it will then show 0.0000,
One other Problem I noticed with my set up is that if i go to config and reverse the direction of my Z axis ( which I had to do ) and press ok it will not register, it will only work if I restart Mach 3 ?

Sorry about all the questions :(

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:01:06 AM »
There is an anomaly in the plugin which gives a small error in position but it does not accumulate so it will only ever be that value out. Greg has sorted this in a test plugin but unfortunately it has introduced another small issue but Greg knows how to sort it, problem is it requires a rewrite from the ground up so its taking some time.
I wouldnt worry too much about it for the time being as it is just about 0.001mm which I dont think will affect you ;)

Out of interest what are your steps per unit?

Changing motor settings will require a restart as the info gets flashed to the SS each time Mach starts.

Hood
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:04:11 AM by Hood »
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
Many thanks for the quick response Hood with regard to my steps Im using 800 per unit for XYZ and 500 for the 4th axis 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
That would likely explain why you are showing out by slightly more than the 0.001mm that I get, your resolution is 0.00125.
As said though its really just a visual annoyance as in real world values its insignificat but hopefully the next plugin will resolve it.

One thing I have done on my screenset  is reduce the amount of decimal places as although 4 places is fine when using Imperial measurements its really over the top for metric. If you want to do that its easy enough, you just edit the format string value of each DRO with one of the screen editors (Screen4 or Machscreen), for example the standard value would be %+.4f and you would change it to %+.3f

Hood
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Cheers I'll give it a shot

Thanks Again