Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:54:59 PM

Author Topic: Help with G-540 and xyz probe  (Read 9079 times)

Re: Help with G-540 and xyz probe
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »
Dave,
What probe program or plugin are you using?
I am running Mach3 V R3.042.020 and am having  problems with the plugin.
I believe from posts and emails to Mach that running an earlier version, say R 2.63, that the plugin works.
Arney, who wrote the plug in software, has been retired for a couple years and it hasn't been updated for new releases.
With all the smart people out there I was hoping someone would either write a new plugin  or modify Arney's to work
on new releases.
Rick
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Rick

What sort of problems are you having? I think I'm using V R 3.042.020, but I'll have to check for sure. I don't know who wrote the original software, but Ernie, who's version I'm using, is still posting on the cnc forums I think.

If you let us know what kind of troubles you are having, someone here can help. I made it through the hurdles and if I can do you can too. I use the probe every day after each tool change, and I do a lot of tool changes.

Dave
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
If you were to look at a section cut of my point cloud I have a double row of points. Imagine a 2D half circle of points with an offset half row of points for each section it probes.
Also is there a point number limit on Arnie's (from Mach3) plugin software. My probe stopped before finishing the x,y grid size that I input.
Thanks.
Rick 
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
Rick

Sorry I can't help you. I think you are talking about a different kind of probe that I'm using. I started this thread for the xyz  zero probe and I don't think that's what you are talking about. Maybe some one else can help you.

Dave
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:36:47 PM by dragonfinder1 »