Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:20:48 PM

Author Topic: Need Help Please  (Read 2771 times)

Offline MattJ

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Need Help Please
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
Hello To All,
I hope it is OK to post my intro and my request for help at one time. My name is Matt and I am new to CNC. I do have experience in graphic arts and have some experience in machining. On the other hand, I do not know squat about computers. I purchased Dolphin CAD/CAM and Mach 3 about 6mos. ago and have a homebuilt desktop router.
I have a stand alone desktop PC to run the router and have set it up, and have tested successfully. My problem is that I would like to set-up my files on my laptop (Sony) and transfer them to the desktop via memory stick. I can not get a simple contour job to run correctly. Mach keeps running a large diameter circle from 0,0. Being that I am new to all this, I am kind of lost. I have been emailing Rodney from Dolphin and Scott from Mach, and searched forums for help. This brings me here. Any help would be appreciated. I am NOT a good typer, so I hope this makes sense. I hope to included some screen shots that might be of some help. Thank You!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Please
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
An example of your Gcode would be helpfull.

Offline MattJ

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Please
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »
I was trying to run the code in the screen shot. Also I forgot to mention that I am running Windows 7. Thanks