Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Can't stay logged in ?  (Read 52389 times)

ynneb

Can't stay logged in ?
« on: December 21, 2005, 07:11:34 AM »
From time to time I get an email saying that a member cant stay logged in to make a post.

Unfortunately this forum uses cookies to know who you are. If your browser settings are not set to accept cookies, you may experience such problems.
You may need to change the browser to accept cookies.

The other solution  is to select the "Always stay logged in" tick box beside where you sign in.

I hope this helps.
Re: Can't stay logged in ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 06:00:27 AM »
Hi, I havn't logged in for a while due to work and I tryed to log in yesterday and I found I could login to the index page of the forum but when clicking to any other page I seemed to be logged out (the page says welcome guest at the top). I saw this post and set my browser to accept any cookies from artsoft website, this has no effect. When browsing to any posts I have made the green light says I'm online but I can't post anything. My browser is IE6 running on Win2k.
Could you please enlighten me as to what the problem might be so the wife can have her computer back as I'm spending too much time hogging it at present because of this problem.

Kind Regards

scottn

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »
Hi,

Are the Post or Reply buttons even available to you?  Are you getting any error message(s)?  Have you tried checking the "Always stay logged in" checkbox to see if that made a difference?

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
Hi Scott, Thanks for the reply. No those buttons are not available. Heres the run down of what i'm getting.

Log-in, I get the index page. it says i'm logged in and there's a log out button at the top.
If I go to any other page on the site i'm logged out and i'm asked to log-in. I log back in and then I'm back to the index page which say's I'm logged in. Ad infinitum.

I've tried logging out then logging in, seems to work fine if i stay on the index page. If I move to another page I'm logged out, if i move back to the index i'm logged out.

Also I've noticed that even when i've logged out, the green light that say's i'm online is always on.

I've tried reinstalling IE6. didn't make a difference. I've also noticed that even when I logout on this computer the green "on-line" indicator is still lit-up.

I know it is a problem with my computer as I'm using the wifes computer at present to post this.

Any idea's.

Kind Regards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »
Hi, a-ha! I've side stepped the problem by downloading Motzilla Firefox and using that. So I'm back on-line and the wife's happy as she has her computer back.  ;D

I'd still like to know what the problem is as it may be of help to someone else.   ???

Regards All

Cheers

scottn

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
hehe  you beat me to the punch - I was going to suggest trying Firefox and seeing if that worked...  ;)

It sounds to me like it's still some sort of cookie problem.  Did you happen to delete your cookies at any point?

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 06:49:16 AM »
Hi Scott, Yes I think your're right, I can rememer doing a clean up a few weeks ago which deletes all the cookies. I cant see why that would cause the problem and I still have no idea how to fix it, perhaps in future I'll have to be more selective as I dont want the same thing happenning to Firefox.

I did a search to find out how to cure it but nowadays all you get back are pages trying to sell you something.

I was a bit suspicious of using another browser with all the Google spy stuff attached to it but I've managed to disable the toolbar and I quite like the layout of Firefox so I might stick with it.

Cheers
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 06:56:55 AM »
Waa- Far F**king out. I have just realised I posted the previous post using IE6.

So if any one else ever has this problem then download another browser and that sorts it out.

Cheers Scott, must of been telepathic or something, Job done.   ;D

Regards

ynneb

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 08:50:01 AM »
The lesson learnt. 99 times out of 100, the problem is on the viewers computer and there is nothing we can do.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 07:18:40 PM »
LOLĀ  I found the problem!!
It was situated between the chair and the screen!!
ME !