Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:50:29 PM

Author Topic: Upgrade Mach version now TOOL INFORMATION won't update  (Read 2535 times)

Upgrade Mach version now TOOL INFORMATION won't update
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »
I've been running Mach3 v 2_45 for a long time, two years or so.  Everything worked well, so I hadn't upgraded in a while.  I recently upgraded to 3_042.040

On the old version, a tool change would update the "Tool Information" box on the Program Run screen to reflect the current tool in-use.  Since the upgrade, the "Tool Information" box does not update after a tool change.  So, if for example it was showing Tool 0 when I started running a program it will always show Tool 0 regardless of which tool it is actually using.  Tool offsets are still applied correctly, I just can't look at the screen to see which tool is in-use.  What happened?  How can I fix this?

I am running the same toolchange macro that I got from Art a long time ago that simply applies the offsets ( I do not have a working ATC yet.)  Here is the macro I run.

M6Start.m1s

GotoSafeZ()
DoSpinStop()
tool = GetSelectedTool()
Code "G43H"&tool
Message( "Press Cycle Start to Continue" )

Any guidance is appreciated.

thanks,
c
Re: Upgrade Mach version now TOOL INFORMATION won't update
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
I just finished looking at all the various M6 macros on my machine.  I thought that maybe the new version of Mach uses a different directory structure or something and my macro wasn't loading properly.  The directory structure is the same and my macro is where it belongs and has the same stuff in it that it had years ago (I have a duplicate archived on my main pc).  While looking at the default M6 macros, I noticed that they all included this line:

SetCurrentTool( tool )

Which my macro does not (and never did) have.  Based on the name, it seemed like it might update that "Tool Information" window, so I added it to the bottom of my macro.  So I now have this:

GotoSafeZ()
DoSpinStop()
tool = GetSelectedTool()
Code "G43H"&tool
Message( "Press Cycle Start to Continue" )
SetCurrentTool( tool )

I ran a program that I had laying around, and it DID update the "Tool Information" window this time.  So, I think that my problem is solved although I need to confirm that the tool offsets are still working properly.

So, the question becomes why did this always work properly in previous versions of Mach WITHOUT that line?  Keep in mind that the macro I was running that didn't have the line was written by Art, not me.  So, confidence is high that it was a good macro.  Was this just a bug in Mach that was recently corrected?  Very strange.

cheers,
c