Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:03:43 AM

Author Topic: help with settings  (Read 4574 times)

Offline BOGIE

•  12 12
    • View Profile
help with settings
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:33:14 AM »
I'm having a problem with zeroing out the machine.  I'm using mach3 to run a cnc router (ezrouter 5x10.  After returning froma short vacation it seems that one of the new operators on the machine may have changed some settings in the mach3 program we are unable to home the machine. when x axis reaches its limit switch the machine keeps trying to continue making a helava lot of jumping noises.   I dont know what settings need changed to correct the problem.  My guess is that either settings were changed or a parallel cable is bad and a signal isn't being sent back to the computer.  From what I understand the software has been reloaded and an original copy of the xtml doc. has been copied to the folder.  Additionally the computer has been changed just a few weeks ago so any history is gone.

My next step is to change the cables between the computer and router but believe me I'm guessing from now on ==  Any help would really be a blessing.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help with settings
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:29:21 AM »
Sounds more like a problem with your home switch, either it is not getting activated or there is a break in the wiring (if wired Normally Open).

Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:55:56 AM »
What Hood said.

Go to the diagnostics page and see if the switch is being detected.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:52:00 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BOGIE

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
I'm off for a few days.  first thing I will check out the switch
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
if it's a configuration error, the autodetect function in the "ports and pins" menu will be a lifesaver (or at least a timesaver)

if someone has fiddled with your settings remember to beat him very well.

Offline BOGIE

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 05:10:52 AM »
I have a funny feeling that someone has tampered with settings.  but I'm wondering if windows may have something to do with the problem but I have no idea what modules or files in windows work with mach3?

Hopefully on tuesday i'll be able to get back into the problem.

Offline BOGIE

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 05:53:51 PM »
Had some rush jobs today and the machine with problems had to sit idle.  hope to get some time on Wed. so I can get to the bottom of this

I appreciate all the input form you guys.  Thanks a million