Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:13:27 PM

Author Topic: NEW Mach forum subject  (Read 5836 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
NEW Mach forum subject
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
WOuld it be possible to have a MACH PLASMA section added.

There are many people using mach and plasma these days AND this would be a good spot to draw them to.

Plasma IS a different Dawg than most cnc applications so their processes tend to be different and their requests and NEEDS  may get lost in the normal CNC traffic.

Thanks if it is possible,
Re: NEW Mach forum subject
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »
i am veeeeeeeeeeeeery agree ;)
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »
Well, personally I would not object to the idea, nor would I be in favor of it, either. Right now, we don't have dedicated sections to specific machines. This helps keep most of the information localized to a single section. Plasma machines are pretty similar to mill. Yes, they have differences, but they do have allot in common, and information pertaining to one usually can benefit users of the other. Once you spread out topics across child boards, information gets harder and harder to find. It can really really REALLY be a pain to even search for the correct board to go to post questions or seek answers to a problem. A fine example of this is CNC zone. It's a massive forum with a treasure trove of information just waiting to be discovered. The problem is, actually discovering it. If your not familiar with the zone, it takes forever to find the correct forum, and even then an answer to a question is often found in a totally unrelated section, or multiple post across multiple forum sections. A prime example of the difficulties of having a forum with to many choices..is this very post here. Yep, this post is in the incorrect forum section. It belongs in the "Support" section, sub-section "Forum suggestions and report forum problems." Actually if you go there and read down the list of topics, you will see that 80-90% of them do not even pertain to forum problems and suggestions. It's really no big deal now, but when you start branching out further and further, it can be a real nightmare for forum administrators trying to keep the place neat and tidy, AND to the average user trying to find answers in the correct place. Most of the users here are not computer wizards, and simply want a painless experience when they visit. Sometimes having "not enough" is better than having "to much".
I'm not trying to bash your idea in the ground, I'm just stating a different view. We do appreciate input from our users, and it is a pretty rare occasion to actually have suggestions. Thanks for speaking up, BR549. It has not fallen upon deaf ears.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 11:16:38 AM »
Well actually Plasma has little in common with milling in many ways.

Also trying to find something relateing to plasma can be difficult for the newbies when it is mixed in with thousands of generic post.

There are ONLY 4 basic divisions of mach users. BUT each represents some thing totally different that the other.

Mill
Turn
Plasma/jet cutting
all others

Comparing this forum to the Zone is comparing apples to oranges(;-) Here all subjects should point to MACH.

BUT it is not a real problem if the forum does not want more subject Sections(;-) We can always redirect the traffic back to the ZONE.

Have a good one

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:20:57 AM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
IF yall need some extra room consider this

Plasma/jet cutting is an intregal part of MACH used by thousands of users every day for HOBBY and COMERCIAL use to make a living

Tempest ,    DEAD , unsupported
Quantum ,    Dead , unsupported
Grex,            Dead, unsupprted
NCPOD,         Dead, unsupported
Seig Machines,   Have their own forum I believe

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:39:50 AM »
so delete the dead ones, and put in a major topic: Machine specific questions,
the subtopics:  Mills/Routers, Lathe, Plazma/WaterJet/Lazer/engravers, Wire Foam/EDM and
Odd ball machines

scott
fun times

andrewm

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
Its being looked into at the moment. As of right now we just have to many topics/sub sections, so we need to go over it and see whats what.

We'll let you know :)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
Don't delete the Tempest folder. It's a viable option for certain jobs. If I have to run a lot of identical parts, Tempest will do them faster and smoother than Mach3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html