Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:58:23 PM

Author Topic: Motors won't turn  (Read 3085 times)

Motors won't turn
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
Sirs; after building my BlackToe 2 x 4 and installing Mach3 Release 2.63; I used the videos
on Mach3 Website to configure my setting and everything was working fine. Today I downloaded the new Mach3 R3.043.022 version and now I can't get the motors to turn/run.
They won't move using the key board or by running a gcode program. I configured the newer version with the same setting as the older version. (I made copies of the setting to follow.
Can anyone help me? Let me tell you this first! I am a total newbie, when I purchased the unit I had no experience at all with a cnc router. I am now studying Autodesk Inventor Pro and AutoCAD, reading everything about Mach3 that I can find and using a study Book named "The CNC Workshop by Frank Nanfara. Folks my brain is about fried, so please be gentle and please help. I tested all the port pins and the other hardware and they all specked
out. I loaded the Road Runner gcode and it ran fine on the screen but the motors still aren't turning. I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks
Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motors won't turn
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
Can you attach the xml for the profile you are using. That will allow a look at the settings you have and will likely be the quickest way to diagnose your problem.
To know what xml you use open Mach and look lower right at the profile name. Then look in the mach3 folder for a file with that name and the xml extension. Right click and copy then go to the desktop and paste then again right click and change the name to kabbarnes.xml. You can then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse to your desktop and attach the renamed xml.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
When you open Mach is the Reset button flashing ? if so click it.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:13 PM »
Hi guys; I got it fixed. I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled xp pro, reinstalled the older Mach3 version and now it works. Hood! I wiped the hard drive before I read your reply! Sorry. I should have had enough since to do that and save a copy for future reference but I was so frustrated after spending the whole weekend working on the machine. I am still at a loss as to why the newer version of Mach3 would not work. The computer that I'm using is dedicated to the Mach3 software and no other programs has been put on it.
I'd like to thank everybody for their help and I'm sure I'll be using you guys again and hope that you'll bear with me as I get further along with my machine.