Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:23:49 AM

Author Topic: KeyCreator  (Read 4794 times)

BClemens

KeyCreator
« on: February 22, 2009, 07:19:25 AM »
Does anyone here use KeyCreator with the NC package? (Recent and updated version of CadKey.)

Bill C.

Anybody interested in it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:47:37 PM by BClemens »

BClemens

Re: KeyCreator
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:00:44 AM »
Another probe of Shaun Wainford's design, this one with five way innards. This screenshot is KeyCreator and the dashed lines are the toolpaths and retracts for the ckt bd part.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:08:09 AM by BClemens »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:27 AM »
That does look good. Can you give us more information? How much would the cad/cam package cost?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

BClemens

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »
Its about 4K and the company (Kubotek) is grand to work with. The Post Processing set-up is intuitive and very easy to work with for special applications - I have made one for Mach3 that works a charm. The CAD package is very similar to CadKey2000 that many are familiar with and now in this generation has NC capabilities that are smooth as silk to learn to use. I used FeatureCam for a few years and would rather use this package than ProE or FeatureCam now. It's just plain friendlier to use and very, very much less expensive.

Kubotek may have an amateur package.

Bill C.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »
Hi Bill,

I am using KeyCreator 7 and am trying to get the NC to work with Mach3.  I have hacked around a bit with the post templates and have attempted to modify one for use with Mach3.  I can get it to look pretty close to the g-code examples included with Mach3, but I am still getting some errors with circle interpolation.  Would you mind sharing the post processor that you created for Mach3?

Tron

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »
Hi Tron,

Check your I J mode in the general config. menu to correct the circular interpolation errors.

KTM