Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Setting Mach 3 Port to PCI parallel port address  (Read 144359 times)

Re: Setting Mach 3 Port to PCI parallel port address
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:45 AM »
Tweakie,

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check that out.

Are you using a total of 3 parallel ports with Mach3?  I thought Mach3 was limited to 2 such ports.

Cheers.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 06:32:48 AM »
Are you using a total of 3 parallel ports with Mach3?  I thought Mach3 was limited to 2 such ports.

No, not all at the same - they are used for different configurations / machines.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
I am upgrading my machine and need to add second bob. I do now for sure my port address is set correct, bob is working cables are fine. One thing!
BOB #2 is not respoding
Thomas

Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
 Scan my avatar with smart pnone .......
http://big-tex.tk/
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 12:45:45 AM »
hi, i am also facing similar issue. I had installed pci card parallel port, but Mach3 is not communicating it.

I checked parallel port using parallel port testing application and it is working. My driver has 3 leds for each axis and when I connected my 3 axis driver to parallel port and using testing application i can able to blink those led and moreover on switching pin status (very slow pulse) on testing application i can able even able to rotate the motors.

That means testing application is able communicate with driver through parallel port. But when i try to run from Mach3 its not working i had correctly set port address in mach3 which is same i am using in testing application. Is there any driver patch i should try for mach3?

I am using win7.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:11:24 PM »
Having a bit of the same issue. I installed a SIIG Cyber Pro Parallel Port into a Windows 7 machine with no parallel port on the mother. But notices that the IO Range for the 2nd line is lower than the 1st and does not show 8 bits.

LPT1
IO Range  D800-D807
IO Range  D400-D403
IRQ 0x00000013(19)

I have configured the port as LPT1 and starting address 0xd800. I have tried to run the Driver Test and only get the response "No Driver sensed installed. Run Driver Test".

Any ideas?

TMK

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »
TMK, are you using a 64 bit version of Windows 7? If so, the parallel port won't work in a 64 bit OS. Mach3's driver will not run.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
Gerry,

Thanks. I can work with that info.

TMK
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »
Same question as above I've installed a PCI parallel card and tried the suggested fixes. Current state:

PCI Multi-IO Controller
Manufacturer: asix electronics
I/o range A000 - A007
I/o range A400 - A40F (also has about 6 other ranges listed)
Irq 18

PCI parallel port (lpt2)
Location 3
Lpt port number: lpt2
I/o range 9800 - 9807
I/o range 9c00 - 9c07

I've listed both ports above because when I installed the card and drivers both appeared in the device manager....

I'm at a loss. I can't determine if I'm getting any communication from Mach3 to the port. I've tried multiple port settings and address' and when I test the pins output I get nothing.  (Actually I'm getting a steady 5.14 volts all the time)
I've also set the parallel port to EPP in the bios. Please, anyone. What did I screw up this time? 

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »
Hey guy's I have a PCI LPT card problem of my own to.
Somehow two inputs 11 and 13 stopped working on my MACH 3 machine. So I thought I would insert a PCI LPT card in to the computer and change the configuration of the Port in Mach3 and that it would solve my problem. Well partly it did all my inputs are now working, but unfortunatley the outputs that drive the motors don't work. When I try to move the an axis nothing happens. The DRO number increse and decreas.

This is the LPT confugiraton of the new LPT card.
I/O range BC00-BC07
I/O range B880-B887
Mem range: FEAFF000 - FEAFFFFFF

Any ideas? Not the correct driver for the PCI card perhaps?

Best regards
Aleix

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »
Hey guy's I have a PCI LPT card problem of my own to.
Somehow two inputs 11 and 13 stopped working on my MACH 3 machine. So I thought I would insert a PCI LPT card in to the computer and change the configuration of the Port in Mach3 and that it would solve my problem. Well partly it did all my inputs are now working, but unfortunatley the outputs that drive the motors don't work. When I try to move the an axis nothing happens. The DRO number increse and decreas.

This is the LPT confugiraton of the new LPT card.
I/O range BC00-BC07
I/O range B880-B887
Mem range: FEAFF000 - FEAFFFFFF

Any ideas? Not the correct driver for the PCI card perhaps?

Best regards
Aleix

The most common problem is that some PCI cards output the (later) 3.3volt TTL signals as opposed to the (older) 5volt TTL signals and some controller's opto isolators require the full 5volts.
Use a voltmeter and check the voltage on one of your direction signals and see what you get (app. 0v/5v or 0v/3.3v ??)

Tweakie.
PEACE