Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 08:20:45 PM

Author Topic: Vista and Mach3 Demo problems  (Read 7831 times)

Vista and Mach3 Demo problems
« on: October 30, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »
Hello,

I already have two computers in shop running fine with Mach3 and XP Home, I have just purchased a Gateway computer GM5485H with Vista premium and have done some gcode with LazyCam on the demo version R3.042.029, I had a copy of mach licence but Vista does not seem to like it, so I am stuck in demo mode, can a member please tell me what I am doing wrong, or perhaps help in some way,

Thanking you,..............Edmund........Alberta.........Canada

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Vista and Mach3 Demo problems
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »
Has nothing to do with Vista. The only 'Vista' related issue is the need to apply the changes listed at the top of this thread IF you are trying to use the parallel port driver. Most license problems come from not copying the license file into the mach install directory.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 12:44:30 AM »
I had already tried
what I thought were three separate copies of my licence, one was on a floppy as a zip file, and two other floopy's titled mach2 licence and one from master 5 days, I copied them onto a usb and found they were all empty files, so I'm stuck as to what I should do now,

................Edmund..............

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
OK, so you have a lost/corrupted license file. You just need to send a file to Scott license@machsupport.com and tell him who you are and he can help you get a new license file. If you purchased a license from a third party they may also have a backup. I know I keep a backup of all the Mach licenses I sell just in case a customer ever looses it.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:56:52 PM »
Thank you Jeff, I will take your advise

.............Edmund..........
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
Hi there, does anyone know if it is ok to to load mach 3 on top of the demo or should the demo be removed. Thanks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
The demo is the same as the full version. The only difference is whether or not you have a license file. And if you're upgrading to a new version, you don't have to remove the old one.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »
Thanks Muchly Jerry.

Regards Trudy from Down Under
 :)