Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:39:27 AM

Author Topic: Machine goes crazy  (Read 4795 times)

Machine goes crazy
« on: May 14, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »
I write the g-code with BOBCAD and when I try to run it with MAZCH3 it goes to the start point and dives deep into the material.
Any ideas why?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine goes crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
Most likely are the code is calling a Tool length offset or a Work Offset.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
BobCAD never really really got the post processor thing down for Mach. I drew a square in bobcad then posted it to mach using there post and it came out as a jacked up triangle that's when I bought sheetcam.
Greg

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
It seems that Code is right but your z-axis DIR pin setting is reversed...Just Set the Direction Pin Active High if its Active Low in Mach3..

Normally in Gcode, the Z-axes goes up first at safeZ and then goes down.. In your case it goes down and making all the code as Mold..
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 09:51:18 AM »
It runs fine for a few runs and then it goes crazy. I run one piece and then the next same piece dives down. The code looks right.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
Does the Z Dro show the position the Z is at when it has gone crazy?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
I just came to this forum because of the same problem. I'm programming my g-code in Onecnc and for the most part is great. Once in a while when a part finishes, it dives into the table and crashes the z axis as if it is homing to another position. I'm ruining expensive little inlay bits. Please someone help!  :o
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
I think I figured my problem. Loose wires on control box.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »
I just came to this forum because of the same problem. I'm programming my g-code in Onecnc and for the most part is great. Once in a while when a part finishes, it dives into the table and crashes the z axis as if it is homing to another position. I'm ruining expensive little inlay bits. Please someone help!  :o

Does the Z DRO correspond to the actual position when it "dives" into the material?
Hood

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
I have the same type of problem IF I edit the code or jog around to set up a work piece before cutting,, What I have found is that
I will do a dry run (without the CNC active) in MACH do my editing after watching a new program run ,THEN close the G-code file ,Then
close MACH , And pull up and all will run fine , but if I edit the code or change ANYTHING I will shut everything down and re-start or it will crash.
  I have had this problem from the start and seemed to have got worse after using the smoothstepper . Dont get me wrong I love the smoothstepper
but I make sure to re-start after any type of change to the program.. Oh and also mine will show the DRO going to -.750 without that even being anywhere in the code file..
Just my 2 cents worth..
Gary