Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:29 PM

Author Topic: more port and pins question  (Read 10667 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: more port and pins question
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 04:10:24 AM »
Steve I dont understand why your code is not halting if you have the settings correct, it works fine here.
 As said however its probably not the best way for you to do it in the situation as really you want it to E-Stop, or at least I think you would as you will be needing to re-reference. You could of course  still use it and have extra VB in a macropump or use a Brain to do a stop and rewind of the code but I think it would just be as easy to have the Brain do the E-Stop as soon as it sees the input. Personally I also have the enable signals broken by the relay, this is just an added safety thing which I prefer to have.

Will have a look at your thread on the zone in a bit.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »
Hood-

I did some testing today, and I am still not having any luck.  I tried one of the other inputs on the I/O card and nothing.

Right now, I have the port 2 pin4 (AUX1) set to turn on input #1 in Mach when the torch presses down on the plate and lifts off the micro switch.

When the twitch is made, the input #1 on the diagnostic screen turns on.

What G code would I use to reset the z axis to 0 once the torch micro switch is triggered?

I am trying to determine where the problem is happening in MACH.  If I can get Mach to actually do something when one of the AUX inputs is triggered, then I can rule out the candcnc I/O cards.

Does this make any sense?

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »
What do you mean by AUX1?
Please attach your xml

Hood
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:29 AM »
Hood-

I think this is the one I am using.

When I get to the house, I will post more information

Steeve
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »
Hood-

here is where I got the name and the port and pin location

This is the I/O card from candcnc.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »
Have never seen that board before but know what you are meaning now :)

In the xml you have attached you dont have Input 1 enabled also you dont have it set to Port 2 Pin 4, further you dont have the setting in General Config chosen.

Hood
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 07:20:16 AM »
Hood-

I have been trying different ports and pins trying to get something to work.  I quess I did not re-enable input #1.  But I had it enabled during the weekend when I was trying to get it to work.

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
What input will you be using for the fault signal from the drives? I can quickly make a brain up that will E-Stop Mach if the fault is seen.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »
Hood-

I am wanting to use port2 pin3 for the fault.  It can be any input number that you need to use.  To my knowledge, none have been used so far.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 02:57:20 AM »
Ok place this in your Brains folder, start Mach and go to Operator menu then Brain Control, click on the Brain and enable then reload and any time Input 2 becomes active the E-Stop should happen.
Hood