Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:48:19 AM

Author Topic: Theseany good?!  (Read 4214 times)

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Theseany good?!
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:27 AM »
Does anybody know if these are any good;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250487279366&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Seems a good price for anti backlash nuts and rod.  I am attempting a new build of 900 x 1200mm to use in my company as i have quickly outgrown the one i bought about 2 months ago.

So anybody used this guy before, he also sells supported guide rails with pillow blocks for a good price too.

Gaz.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Theseany good?!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »
Hi Gaz,

I think it is like all the stuff from China - you don't know if it's any good until you have it in your hand.
Most of the stuff I have purchased from China has been of excellent quality, but not all, so beware.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »
Yeah i know what you meen, i purchased my old machine from china 2 months ago, and i have to say it has been excellent.  I have had a problem with the router part but it turned out to be an easy fix.

I have ordered them anyway, total of about £300.00 for 3 threaded rods with antibacklash,  and supported guide rails for 3 axis with pillow blocks.  Seems an excellent price.  Cant wait to get started building it now  :)

Overall the new machine is going to cost around £500.00 as i am taking parts from my old machine i.e driver, steppers, couplers.  Bargain considering my old smaller machine payed for its-self within the first 2 weeks.

I'll report back the quality of them when they arrive just incase anybody else needs this kind of thing.

Gaz.

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: These any good?!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »
How do i set these uo to run with my motors, any help will be greatly appreciated!

My steppers say on the back 1.8 degrees / step,  so i worked it out to be 200 steps fer full rev.
But i have no idea how to set them up with the screws.  As far as i can tell i have to times 200 X something and then devide it by something else  ???

the screw has a lead of 5mm, so does this meen that every turn it moves 5mm?

Also i dont know if my drivers are set to any kind of microsttep, how can i find this out?

And another quick Q',  if i push the axis of my machine it moves about 1mm on the shaft,  does this meen that there is no anti backlash nuts in place.  It dosn't cause any problems i just wanted to know.

Cheers to all

Gaz.

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:56 AM »
Id go through the video tutorials for Mach 3.  There's excellent ones on first getting motion at all, then getting accurate motion.  Also don't forget to look at the manuals for this section. I found that invaluable when setting up my mill, especially for rotary axis.

Barry

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: These any good?!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 05:59:59 AM »
Cheers barry,  I am actually working on it today.  It was harder to make the machine bigger than i originally thaught i will admit.  I have just cut my first simple piece with it about 30 minutes ago.  I'm still perfecting the axis set up as it is about 4mm out at the moment, it was about 2 cm out over 20cm movement but by changing the "steps per" in motor tining i have this almost perfect.

The screws and nuts seem to be great.  The main problem i have had is attaching a rotozip to the machine.  Because its an akward shape.  And with limited tools to make a tidy bracket.  But now the machine is running i can make a tidy bracket for it.  The machine has been out of service for almost a week now but hopefully will be worth it.  I'm debaiting weather to make a 8' X 4' monster so that the sheets of material will go in whole, so that there is less waste + more profit.

Cheers all.

Gaz.