Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:16:11 PM

Author Topic: Saving Softlimits  (Read 4856 times)

Saving Softlimits
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:26 AM »
Hello fellow DSPMC & Mach3 users,

I recently posted this topic in the general Mach forum and with the help of 'Hood' discovered an issue relating to the saving or altering of mach 3's default softlimits.
I am using mach3 and the dspmc to operate a 3 axis hotwire cutter.
*My problem is, that i can not save softlimits in Mach 3. I have tried saving the profile, starting a new profile and modifying the xml code, all to no avail. When the softlimits are changed and Mach3 is shutdown or the dspmc disconnected the softlimits set in mach3 revert back to there default values of 100 and -100.
*I have installed mach3 on a comp not connected to the dspmc and have no trouble saving the softlimits.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Can anybody help?
Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Neyland
Re: Saving Softlimits
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »
I wasn't aware that the soft limits were working with the DSPMC.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
Hi Mike,

My softlimits certainly do work with the DSPMC however i just can't save them. However as long as i don't turn the DSPMC off or restart Mach3, my machine certainly responds to any softlimit that i set.
Has anyone been able to make a macro to update their softlimits eachtime Mach3 is started or the like there of?
Thank-you for your input.

Neyland
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »
I am not able to get to my machine at the moment or I would try to see if I get the same results.

I would contact Rufi via the Vital system website to see if he has any input.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »
Hi, soft limits are working in the DSPMC... How are you setting them?  You have to go to Config>Homing/Limits to configure them.  If you update the soft limits from the dros the changes will not be saved in the xml.

If you are already configuring them through the Homing/Limits dialog and its not working give me a call at: 573.368.7399 and ask for Andrew.

Andrew
MachMotion
Andrew
MachMotion