Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:57:20 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys Version 10.0 plugin released!!!  (Read 7466 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: PoKeys Version 10.0 plugin released!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
ahhhh, I see............

Unfortunatly, you want be able to do CNC Servo Control, you can run them as accessory, indepenant non-interpolated controled servos if you want. BUT, you will not be able to control them to use like a "Motion board", since the update loop of mach is to slow for that. Boris would have to add the "Motion Control" capability to the current PK platform, or, make a completely new Motion control platform, for you to be able to control axis motion, like is currently done with the SS and other products.

BUT: if you want to run extra axis, that are not Controlled tip dependant, i.e. ATC motions, Swarf convayors, pumps, chillers, lube pumps, etc.  you could do it..........

scott
fun times
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »
You are completely correct, the idea is to use them as actuator in accessories. Nothing involving interpolation and probably a spring in between to avoid the risk of killing the plastic gears.

PD
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
maybe i am missing something but i downloaded the latest plugin and firmware for the pokeys.  i connected 4x20 lcd screen and everything seems to work well except the lcd back light control.  In the plugin (v10) i check to use the LCD LED back light control and set my slider but no change.  The PWM options window states to use pin 22 for this feature and 21 for the Text (not using this feature though).  When I connect with the Pokeys55 software pins 20 and 21 have been enabled for PWM output.  Looks kinda like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :)

For a work around I am using the Text Contrast control to set the LCD back light level on pin 21.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »
set and test the PWM from the pokeys software to make sure you have the LCD hooked up right, some of them are active high, some low......
works here on my LCD fine for both text and backlight.

scott
fun times