Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:15:30 PM

Author Topic: Z axis moves on its own in program/jumps steps  (Read 8872 times)

Re: Z axis moves on its own in program/jumps steps
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »
Im from the UK and its just gone midnight, guess I should really go to bed but it is a Saturday!! Will try swapping the Z & Y over tomorrow, dnt think my neighbours will be too impressed if I light it up now  :D Thanks for the help, will let you know how I get on

Hood

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 07:09:09 PM »
I am from Scotland and I could send you  pci parallel port for a loan if you want to try the DELL. You would have to open up the case and pop the card in so if the DELL is under warranty that might be a problem as their might be anti tamper stickers.
Let me know.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 07:43:35 PM »
Im defo going to bed in a minute  ;D Thanks for the offer hood but it is a slimline dimension 5150c computer and doesn`t take the normal size pci parallel port cards as I have tried to get hold of one before.. Will try a few things with the axis then go from there. Cheers, Mark

Hood

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »
No problem, just try and buy a decent computer next time LOL
Let us know how you get on.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »
Think I solved the Z axis problem. I was reading an old post with kinda the same problem and it suggested switching the Z axis step and direction to low active in ports and pins. So before I took a big sledgehammer to the whole shabangle I gave it a try and hey presto it worked. Not even a twitch now!! It reversed the direction so I went into homing/limits and reversed it in there...I am well chuffed I dont have to buy a new PC just yet  :D

Hood

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:40:08 PM »
not really sure how that would make a difference but as long as it does who cares :)

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 08:48:57 AM »
My X & Y has got the twitches also. Only until I open Mach and hit reset does it stop. I'm going to try this and see if it helps. I have not seen a problem when running. I don't think I have Mach settings wrong. In fact, I think Mach is so good that not only does it run my machine very well, it may be fixing a problem I have created my self somewhere else!!!!!!! :D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »
If your motors twitch BEFORE Mach is opened then I think it is something else on your system querying the parallel port. If you have the charge pump support on your breakout board the drives/motors wont get any pulses until the parallel port is getting a steady stream at a certain frequency. Check your breakout to see if its supported and set it up if it is,
Hood