Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Tool problem!  (Read 3595 times)

Tool problem!
« on: October 09, 2006, 10:44:36 AM »
Hi,

I just finisched the conversion of my X1 mill and started with mach 3 to mill some stuff. But how do I program the g-code that it knows how big my endmill is. Because I tryed a lot but still he does not do it right, all my figure millled out are to small because of the endmill. I added tools to my tool path and select the right tool in the layers of the dxf file but still not the way I like it. I hope you all understand my problem.

Greets,

Arthur

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Tool problem!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:18:15 PM »
If you are using tool compensation you need to set the diameter of the tool in your offsets for that tool.

If the tool is cutting big you increase the diameter size to make it cut smaller (making it stand back from the job more) and the opposite for cutting small.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:36:47 PM »
Hi Graham,

Oke so I need cutter compensation but is that not automaticly done in the G-code. If not how do I put it in the G-code or can I already put in the G-code when I use LazyCam?

Arthur

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:22:50 PM »
Look in the G-Code and if you can find G41 or G42 then compensation is been used.

If they are not there then you have to tell lazycam the tool is bigger or smaller by the amount its out and regen the code.

Or tell lazycam to use compensation and adjust the tool size to correct the error.

I don't now how lazycam dose this as I don't use it.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:08:26 PM »
Thank you it is working out now.

Arthur