Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:51:05 AM

Author Topic: Shuttle Pro V2 Keystroke mapping  (Read 3098 times)

Shuttle Pro V2 Keystroke mapping
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
I am a new user of both Mach3 and machine tools -- in my case a Sherline lathe and Taig Mill. I bought the Shuttle Pro to make it easier to run my tools in "manual" mode since the system I bought from Soigeneris is not configured for manual milling. Mach3 has a configuration screen which is nicely done but I am such a novice I am not sure which keys to configure for what behavior. Does anybody have recommended configurations that I could use until I get more experience and can customize for my own preferences? In particular I am interested in how to set up keys for changing jog modes, and toggling jog speeds. Whatever can be offered will be appreciated. Frank

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle Pro V2 Keystroke mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
Hi Frank,

The best way I have found is to look what others are doing and then adjust for what YOU want to do. I don't do a lot of manual milling, but when I do, the outer wheel is excellent as it lets you speed up or slow down in increments.  It has to be held in place, so maybe that's not what you're after but it works perfectly for me.

I would try the different functions in the drop down menus to see exactly what you get, such as the jog % etc.

Let us know how you make out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)