Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:04:51 PM

Author Topic: New Fixture save  (Read 21687 times)

Re: New Fixture save
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 08:13:28 AM »
Hood I found the answer!! Make sure you dont have selected the option for config/state..copy
G54 from G253 at startup. That could overwrite your saved values.. I copied this from the yahoo group, it seems to work for me so far!! ;D

Hood

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 08:19:17 AM »
Afraid thats not my problem, was one of the first thing I looked at  when I started having the problem :( Glad its got you sorted though.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 06:15:28 PM »
Is this still a problem in 2.0? I am going to eat with Art in about 20 min and I will ask him if he has done anything to it :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 06:21:37 PM »
Still a problem for me anyway, all versions from 1.90.035 I am having the problem with, maybe even before that but I dont have any versions between 1.90.017 and 035 so cant say for sure where it starts for me but 017 works fine apart from my screen doesnt show right due to the LED changes :(
Hood
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »
it seems to work ok for me, I ran ver 2 today. There is a couple of things, I have the auto zero checked and my home off is at 0.0100 the dro's do not change to this dimension after using g54. the mach 3 manual says it should. Also after homing if I go into mdi and type in g90 g54 g00 x0. y0 it does not move, it should go to where ever I have g54 setup at.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »
Art and I tested it here at the hotel and it is working great... I think there is a setting that you are not getting right. When I get back home I will help you :)

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 03:32:12 AM »
Thanks Brian
 I just dont understand it at all, I presumed it was only me as I thought it would have been mentioned by others if it wasn't,  but why its on all my computers I have tested it on I dont know. I will keep looking to see if I can find out whats causing it in the mean time.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »
I have found the problem.
I formatted a drive and installed XP, then Mach 2.g and  I got exactly the same problem as before. I knew it could not be any setting I had done as I didn't change anything from standard. I thought it may have been something in my code so I wrote a very simple code with only G0, G1 and M30 in it and it still caused the problem.
 I then thought about what I had done at the install and the only thing was I had put my license file in the Mach folder, I went in and removed it and tried again and everything works perfectly. I booted to my original drive, removed the license and it too works perfectly, same on another computer that previously wasn't working properly.
 So it is my license file that is causing the problem for me, I dont think its corrupted as I have several backup copies of it and all cause the problem.
 I am thinking it may be some of the anti-piracy steps Art has added lately that are interfering with my license.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hood
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 05:29:53 AM by Hood »
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 07:13:57 AM »
Mail me off line with the name and I will send you a new one.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »
The license was a red herring, I was actually doing a different sequence after I removed the file which made me think it was the file causing the problems. (OK Mark McGrath no smart comments about consistency ;)  )
Heres what I think now and I have repeated this quite a few times on different computers.
Test 1
Open Mach
Reference
Go to Zeros
Load G-Code
Move axis and zero
Close Mach and all is well as I get asked whether I want to save or not.

Test 2
Open Mach
Reference
Go to Zeros
Load G-Code
Move axis and zero
Regenerate toolpath
Close Mach and I DON'T get asked whether I want to save the new fixture.

Test 3
Open Mach
Reference
Go to Zeros
Load G-Code
Move axis and zero
Shift display mode
Close Mach and I DON'T get asked whether I want to save the new fixture

So looks like maybe there is a bug in the display mode and regenerate toolpath options.
 I would appreciate if a few people that have the latest version (or 1.90.035 onwards) could test this out.

Hood