Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:20:19 AM

Author Topic: Properly doing "Run Frome Here"  (Read 24099 times)

Properly doing "Run Frome Here"
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:11:32 PM »
What is the proper way to do "Run From Here"? (exact click and scroll sequence, including clicks in the GCode window, scrolling there, clicking "Run From Here" and so on.)

The background is as follows: Today we loaded G code, and I wanted to do "running from here". Mach3 even told us the line number (lets say, 308) and "Run From Here" was clicked by me. The tool was in place, all offsets were right, the position was right, the spindle was spinning. But when we pressed "Cycle Start", it started not from line 308, but from the beginning. At line 9, it did (lets say) G0Z20. At line 10 it did (lets say) M6 T2 and requested the tool change. G0Z20 was not exactly the right move.

Thanks for exact instructions.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Properly doing "Run Frome Here"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
Is it a demo version you have?
I use RFH all the time, way I do it is scroll the code to the line past the one I want to start at, press run from here, Mach will scroll through the code and once stopped you press Start. A box will pop up showing a prep move that you need to OK, it also allows you to choose whether to switch on the spindle, you OK that if it looks correct and then the machine will move once there press start again .

Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »
yes Mach3 was in demo mode and we hit line 501. I couldn't quit and restart it in licensed mode because I would have lost the "referenced state". Therefore I shortened the GCode file by enough, approx. 200 lines, loaded it and wanted to continue from line now 308, formerly line 501.

Is the code window still selected (lighter color) when you press RFH ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 01:48:10 AM »
Yes the code window should still be selected when you press RFH but if you are using the Demo version then thats why it doesnt work.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:53:04 AM »
Hi Hood,

I just need a bit of advice on RFH. Everything works fine from the line I select and the Initial Sart and the line it should Start. I have noticed that all the MCODES activates during Start up to the RFH including Macro which has ActivateSignal. Am I  doing it the wrong way of running RFH? Please advice me of a solution. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Renato
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:59:38 AM »
As far as I know, Mach3 runs quickly thru the program from the beginning up to the RFH line,to ensure that the mode of Mach3 is correct. Mode would include G20/G21, cutter radius compensation, plane selection, M03, M06 and so on ("mode" includes all the ones given at the top right of the screen).

I don't understand what is meant by you "Macro which has ActivateSignal" but I'm not that much pro.

edited for orthography
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:02:42 AM by PeterF »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
Run From Here does not work in Demo mode.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
Hello Peter, Gerry,

Thank you very much for the Reply. I have a full license Mach 3 So is not on Demo Mode. What I meant is one of My Macro(M71) is turning an Output1. When I run RFH and its scrolling Down I have notice that Output 1is turning on while reading the file up to the point that it reaches the line where I want to start. Just need an advice if this is the way it should work. Thanks again.

Regards
Renato

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »
I would imagine that if your code has the macro call in it ( that is before the point you are starting) then it should be called when you do a RFH as that would seem to be the state it should be in.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
Hi Hood,

Thanks for the reply. I think that will be the case. Macro M71 turns on a Solinoid Pneumatic Valve and its turning on and OFF during the run of RFH. I think i will not be able to use RFH. Would there be a command that I could disable Macro while on RFH so I could edit the Button Script of RFH and prevent Macro from excecuting?

Thanks Again
Renato