Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:30:41 AM

Author Topic: How do you use the macro in VB Script Editor?  (Read 7097 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: How do you use the macro in VB Script Editor?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
It would nice to be able to. Every time I try to post a file, it comes back with" there is already a file with that name".
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 11:29:10 AM »
Thought that might be the case, you are using a mill profile so T101 wont work, you need to use a Turn profile. On a Mill you call M6T1 for the tool and G43H1 for number 1 length offset.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »
Are you saying I built that xml from a milling profile? I sure thought when I assembled it, it was a profile created from Mach3turn? Why did it work just prior to my inserting the toolchanging macro (toolchanger didnt work with M commands but did revolve via the keyboard though now I will have to see what it calls the rotary axis, I would think it would be referred to as A?). If it is as simple as moving the values to a different profile I dont see a problem, but I still cant figure out why it changed. When inserting the new M6Start file, I did delete the old 1 instead of renaming it. That is all I can think of but I wouldnt have thought it jeopardized the jogging control.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:44:44 AM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
Just to make sure you never attached the wrong xml open up your  turn profile and have a look at ports and pins and see what it says, if it says Mill options then its a mill profile.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 05:59:18 PM »
I will have to look into it. Could I have dragged and dropped the xml into the wrong profile? Or could I move it over into a turn profile now or have to rebuild thru the turn profile.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 06:02:19 PM »
I think you will have to open a turn profile and start from scratch I am afraid.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »
I got most of it done. Still a little bit to do. Oddly enough if I used the "create profile" as the mach3turn was highlighted it took at least 5 trys for it to open with the correct profile, most of the time it was mill? Finally got 1 with turn options and modified it. I ended up dumping the Mach and reinstalling fresh. Though on the lathe screen I can only tell what the tool number is, not the position of the carousel. It isnt a problem as my spindle motor is about to change and I am really just trying to dial it all in with Mach. Learning how to set soft limits. I do have switches  at 1 end of both axis. Seem to work well. I did get my touch screen mounted on an articulating arm though! Thanks as always!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 02:27:37 AM »
No offset DRO is one of the things that I am looking forward to in Rev4 of Mach. Softlimits in Turn dont work properly either and again should be fixed in Rev4, its not something I am too bothered about but I know others are.

Hood