Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:47:21 AM

Author Topic: Tool change macro use?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Tool change macro use?
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
Yesterday I posted my 6 tool  macro on the VB board. Another user here confirmed the macro was indeed for a 6 position rotary tool changer. He claimed that it rotated 60 or so degrees and backed up into the pawl approx 10 deg. I am pretty lost on most of this stuff and the macro use is beyond that it seems. I have read for weeks and watched videos trying to get ready for the day I would get to see the tool changer rotate via m code. I have fine control on all axis' and the A axis is in degrees and seems to move just as commanded EXCEPT thru the tool changing macro or either I am not doing something correctly when using the macro (very likely). Tell me where I am going wrong.
I open mach 3
click on "Operator"
click on "VB Script Editor"
click "file"
click "open file"
select "M6Start.m1s"
click "edit"
close and save allowing to replace other M6Start file
Close Mach and save any and all that pops up
Restart Mach
Go to the MDI screen and type in M6 T1 01
The tool number changes and that is all. The tool changer doesnt move. If I remove the M6 nothing changes. Though the tool number changes the position on the A axis Dro doesnt change either.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Tool change macro use?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »
Do you have Auto Toolchanger chosen in General Config?
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Tool change macro use?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 07:41:21 AM »
Hood, yes I do. I have some better instructions on how to use it from Arceye. I will try what he recommended in an hour or 2.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)