Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:48:32 PM

Author Topic: Probe Installation Problems!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7573 times)

Probe Installation Problems!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »
Hello I need help and was wondering if any one has installed successfully a Econo-Probe 3D probe tool http://www.wildhorse-innovations.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=80.  I tried to install it on my mach 3 system ver.R3.042.029 using the port 2 pin 15 and then going to ports and pins and set up it up.  Tried doing Digitizing program dosen't work tried fin the edge nothing.  The people from wildhorse inovations said this probe acts like a normally closed switch when touch it opens.  Really don't know if my connection is the problem or the program in mach 3 is not configured correctly?  If any body can lend me a hand it would be great thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Probe Installation Problems!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
I have never used a probe so cant say if the wizards work as they should but you can see if you have the probe configured correctly by looking at the Digitise LED on the Diagnostics page. It should be out until you touch the probe then it should light up.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:48:41 AM »
I think that we both have the same set up. I never used a probe nor have I ever built or run a CNC mill before. This is a hobby for me.
 I bought a probe from wildhorse and did try to set it up as a NC switch. I have a CNC4PC Break Out Board wher I hooked up the yellow wire to pin 15 and the red wire to 5V.
In Mach3 Config>Ports and Pins>Input Signals I enabled the "Probe" used Port#1 Pin Number 15 and checked Active Low.
That being said I don't think my system is working correctly. I wish there was a tutorial on using the Probing plug-in and set up. Have you found out anything new or is your probe working?
Maybe between the two of us we can figure this out.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »
I don't know why I used Port 1, but why did you use port 2 for your probe?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »
The probe works fine, but you probably need a stiff pullup resistor on the PP input.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
I am new and learning every day on this so please be patient with me and I won't be insulted if you assume I know nothing.
I have my probes red wire to pin #15 and yellow wire to 5V on a CNC4PC, C11, break out board.
What do you mean by needing a stiffer resistor?
Thanks.
Rick

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
Hi Rick,

If you are connecting your probe between pin 15 and +5V on the C11 BoB then you will need to set the input configuration jumper (on the C11) for pin 15 to 'pull down'.
(The C11 manual gives a probe example where it would be connected between pin 13 and ground ... in this case the input config jumper would be set to 'pull up')

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
Tweakie,
Thanks a lot. That sounds like exactly what I need, as far as my knowledge goes. It seemed like I was so close.
I will give that a try tonight.
Again thanks fro the info and quick response.

Rick