Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:51:49 PM

Author Topic: Galil parameters thru Mach  (Read 2822 times)

Galil parameters thru Mach
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
Hello everyone.

First off - this is my first post so... Hello everyone. Been using Mach for a home built router for the last few years. The router is powered with steppers and it works ok. But as many of you know, this cnc thing can be very addictive! So, I picked up a few items on ebay. Got a Galil card and some ac servos. I am going to use the ac servos on a home built gantry style mill I just started working on today. (I'll start a build thread soon for those interested)

So, my question...

I would like to use the same computer with the Galil card installed in it on a few different cnc machines. Eventually I will have a Mill, Plasma table and small Lathe. Each machine will require different PID tuning for it's motors. These settings are set on the Galil card. Since I don't see anywhere in Mach that I can pre-program parameters for the Galil card does that mean when I switch machines I will have to make changes thru Smarterm before I run in Mach?

Also, Is there anyway to parse info from the Galil card thru Mach? I would like to use the TE (Tell Error) function to monitor any errors in position while Mach is running - like a DRO that shows the position error from the Galil card.

Thanks
Rob

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Galil parameters thru Mach
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »
Rob,
Tou can use the mynotifies in the plugin to set up the tunng parameters for the motors. I would be sure to wire the motors/encoders so that "MT" or "CE" settings won't need to be changed as well to reduce any chance of being in a runaway state during any resets that occurr. The plugin PDF manual shows how the notifies work.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.