Third party software and hardware support forums. > PoKeys

Pokeys and MPG

(1/1)

N4NV:
I have an MPG wired up to my Pokeys pin 1 and 2.  I set up the MPG in port and pins to port 10.  It does not work.  It was working properly when connected directly to the BOB and set up for port 1.  In the Pokeys configuration screen I have pin 1 and 2 set up as encoder a and b.  In the Pokeys diagnostic screen, when I rotate the MPG, pins 1 and 2 blink.  What am I missing?  Also, is there a more thorough manual for using Pokeys with Mach than the help screens in the plug-in?

Thank you,

Vince

N4NV:

--- Quote from: N4NV on March 19, 2010, 12:16:20 PM ---I have an MPG wired up to my Pokeys pin 1 and 2.  I set up the MPG in port and pins to port 10.  It does not work.  It was working properly when connected directly to the BOB and set up for port 1.  In the Pokeys configuration screen I have pin 1 and 2 set up as encoder a and b.  In the Pokeys diagnostic screen, when I rotate the MPG, pins 1 and 2 blink.  What am I missing?  Also, is there a more thorough manual for using Pokeys with Mach than the help screens in the plug-in?

Thank you,

Vince

--- End quote ---

Update, I restarted the computer and the MPG is almost working.  Now, when I rotate the MPG 4 clicks, I get only one input to Mach, that is if I am set for .001" per step, I have to rotate the MPG 4 clicks to get the one step of .001"  There must be something simple I am missing.

Thanks again,

Vince

N4NV:

--- Quote from: N4NV on March 19, 2010, 12:29:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: N4NV on March 19, 2010, 12:16:20 PM ---I have an MPG wired up to my Pokeys pin 1 and 2.  I set up the MPG in port and pins to port 10.  It does not work.  It was working properly when connected directly to the BOB and set up for port 1.  In the Pokeys configuration screen I have pin 1 and 2 set up as encoder a and b.  In the Pokeys diagnostic screen, when I rotate the MPG, pins 1 and 2 blink.  What am I missing?  Also, is there a more thorough manual for using Pokeys with Mach than the help screens in the plug-in?

Thank you,

Vince

--- End quote ---

Update, I restarted the computer and the MPG is almost working.  Now, when I rotate the MPG 4 clicks, I get only one input to Mach, that is if I am set for .001" per step, I have to rotate the MPG 4 clicks to get the one step of .001"  There must be something simple I am missing.

Thanks again,

Vince

--- End quote ---

I think I got it working correctly.  I changed the setting in the Pokeys setup to 4X sampling and it seems to work.  I am still looking for a more detailed manual for using Pokeys with Mach.

Thanks

Vince

borisz:
Hi!

There should be an update avaiable soon which will greatly improve MPG functions.

regards

Boris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version