Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Sp[eed Feed Variation  (Read 3049 times)

Sp[eed Feed Variation
« on: March 18, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
On a lathe I converted over to Mach 3, I have an issue with feed speed when called from a program.  I am using feed/rev as the feed method.  If I step through the program, the feed speed is fine.  If I run the program the feed speed is very slow.  I can stop the program, restart the spindle manually then hit cycle start and the feed is correct.  I have not physically cut a thread yet but during air cutting the feed speed for a program with threading in it seems fine.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
havery

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Sp[eed Feed Variation
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:41 AM »
Set a delay for the spindle so that it gets up to speed before the axis starts to move. if you dont have a delay and the spindle is not up to speed when the axis starts moving  it will use the speed at the time of starting to move rather than the commanded speed.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:55:11 AM »
That explains it.  I have a G4 P3.0 at the start of the threading program and thats why it works. 

Thanks for the help Hood.  Where do we send the check?
havery

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »
You can set a default delay for a spindle, look on Config menu, Ports and Pins, Spindle Setup. Once entered there you wont have to worry adding a delay to your code as it will be done each time you M3S****.

Oh  and threading probably works differently as it will wait for a steady index and speed before it will start and I think it reads and uses the spindle speed all through the thread pass as well.

Where do we send the check?
Cash only I am afraid ;D

Hood
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:36:27 AM by Hood »