Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:36 PM

Author Topic: Jogging Z axis while machine is cutting  (Read 19330 times)

Re: Jogging Z axis while machine is cutting
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »
Re post 9 from Wolfram

Go the settings page (alt 6) in the lower middle right hand side change the THC max and THC min values .

Do not change the other THC settings on this page.

I discovered this after I had paid for an MP1000 THC controller, which now I dont really need..... Ouch... 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:20:58 PM by mechfx »
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
I missed this topic while searching for exactly this. I already deleted the previous topic i started asking this.

I can get the torch up and torch down leds to light up while runing the program. but the Z axis possition DRO is not changing.

Ill keep trying and let you know...

One thing, as previously mentioned make sure you use unused hotkeys.

Regards
Fernando
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »
I also would like to see a screen button assigned to jogging ANY axis while cutting (adjusting axis position during the job) and an option available to either remember the position or return to original coordinates when the job is finished. My old Fadal mill even has this feature.
Mach is being used to control other machines than standard lathes and mills and thus should have some more advanced configuration available. In Mach, there is a lot of emphasis on safety, but it seems to me that it is the responsibility of the machine integrator to ensure a safe configuration.
Configuring Mach becomes confusing when certain pre-conceptions are assumed by Mach (hard coded) when configuring it (like Z-axis always being the vertical axis on plasma machines-THC).
If an assumption can be implemented on any axis or feature, configuration of Mach would become easier and more clear.

Thank you for a strong controller.