Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:31:09 AM

Author Topic: LEDs with transparent off  (Read 3753 times)

LEDs with transparent off
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
I want to make 2 LEDs to show the jog state of STEP or CONT. I made an LED with Real Draw that has one side transparent, the other has the word STEP. When the LED cycles I wind up with the word on all the time. It appears that when the LED goes off the Transparent write leaves the old ON state image there and writes transparent over it.

Has anyone tried this? Am I missing something.?

Id like to have the two LEDs on top of one place so either the word STEP or CONT will appear. I cant write the 2 words on one LED because there is a 3rd state, MPG, where both STEP and CONT shold be off.
Re: LEDs with transparent off
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
Hi Ron,
You are right that drawing a transparent led is really drawing transparent pixels - which is not the same as "undrawing" the opposite led state pixels.

I had not tried to make a tri state led - sounded interesting so I figured I'd try it.
I managed to make two overlaid leds look as a tri state led.
I've shipped the sample screen set to you via direct email.

BTW, for the jog mode case you mentioned, I believe that is really a 4 state conditions that you will want to show visually. The 4 states are:
1) cont jog
2) step jog
3) MPG jog
4) no jogging - all three mach leds (14, 15 and 57) will be off if jogging is disabled, hence the multi state led will probably want to have an "off" visual state too.

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com