Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:20:17 AM

Author Topic: constantly losing "zero"  (Read 4568 times)

Offline xaco

•  26 26
    • View Profile
constantly losing "zero"
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
hello, i have a problem ,my tool constantly loses "zero"....if i want to cut anything,with paralel mill,or 3d  climb or any way,my tool is going constantly too much "south"..let say i wanna cut a square with paralel milling along y..he will cut rhomboid..or any object that he is cuting ,with every new step the "zero" moves   constantly more to 1 same side...so if i cut rectangle inside i get stairway on 1 side and tool cuts with whole lenght on other side.....can any1 help?                                                                              Miro

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: constantly losing "zero"
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
Could be several things but most likely is one of your axis is stalling or missing steps a bit. Turn down the Accel a bit and see if that helps.
Hood

Offline xaco

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
thx ,ill try tomorow to lower accel,but its weird that i made male part of die perfectly,than i started with  roughing of female die and the roughing was "streched",anyway i contnued to finnish  and finnish  was correct all right angled,but i  coulnt corect rough  job so i did another die starting with rough taht went well and than finnish  toolpath that  went wrong,it was not right angled but all was sloaping like 100 degrees instead of right angle...so..you see any logic there?..  ...            ..i see some similarity with topic u participated earlier called "i think i am gaining steps" cos i also hear "klok-klok-klok" noise when working slow and my piece is "bigger " in 1 direction than it should be. and i use miningle stepper but i cant understand ur previous dicussion on that topic,,i am total beginer

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »
cos i also hear "klok-klok-klok" noise

Just a guess but if that is what the steppers sound like it would indicate a poor pulse signal comming from you computer to the drive.
RICH

Offline xaco

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
so what you RICH think i can ? on what depends this  poor pulse ,why it is constant to whole toolpath(1 job) ,it dosnt come and go during 1 job  but 1 job has  same  degree of mistake during whole job,and next job is constantly corect...is this checked with "mach 3 compatiobility test diagnostic"?                                                              Miro

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
I must echo that like Hood said it could be a number of things, usualy when i hear the tap-tap-tap, or clunk....., or tap-tap-tap i start to think it is a bad pulse signal ( from my experience ). On board graphics, poor PP...... Have heard similar sounds when the motors were not wired correctly. If it's bad pulse usualy you can't get much velocity. 

When you run the driver test are you seeing a lot of spikes? Have any software which is running in the background when using Mach?

I don't know why it is varying for you, if a problem exists then would think it should be consitantly there, but, since you say it varies then could be something like a loose wire or something. Don't realy know ......
RICH

Offline xaco

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
i found 1 cause of problem....as Ethos sugested to run slow from 1 position to other i did that and what a suprise,,,y axis mnotor was turning but ax was not spining,,that happened only in 1 direction and at low feedrate,,..so that explains why i got romboids instead of rectangle..and explains why some jobs didnt have problem,its cos once i did toolpath alongx and once along y.........................           but today while i was doing along  axis toolpath(what was good) occured problem ith z axis that i dont see while checking x axis motor  and axis spining....  problem was that every time the tool had to go into material  under right angle,the tool would  stop(for a while but semed too long) and than entered 90 degrees down  as it should..after cleaning lowr surface it was sopose to rise to z zero and continue,but just before it got to zero z level ,the x axis would start its work ,so z ax would be doing its last moves up and x axis its 1. moves..that resulted cutting an adge...it seams that  z axis is "late" or x axis is few steps " a head in time"....that happens when i put like 100mm/min and its non existing  at 4 times lower feed...any1 have idea whats goinng on?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
Can you attach the xml for the profile you are using please.
Hood