Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:51:09 PM

Author Topic: What can this be?  (Read 6320 times)

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
What can this be?
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:47:42 AM »
Put mach onto a new computer at 7.oo this morning and still dont have it running properly now 12.42  :o

I have set it up like the manual says and like i have doen it several times before.  The problem i am having is that it all moves fine but when the z axis moves up and then moves the y axis to go to a differant place it moves way too fast and stalls the motors so then when the z drops down again it is in the wrong place.  This happens with the x axis aswel. It isnt the usual sound when the motors stall out its a much higher pitch sound as if the motor is moving faster than normal when they stall.

When jogging the machine at 800 units they all move fine so know its not the machine,  so it must be some setting in mach that is messing it up.

Any help???

Gaz.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: What can this be?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
Sounds like your motor tuning is set to high. You may be fine when jogging because you have a slow jog set.
Hood

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:17:19 AM »
I think i know what is causing it,  The rapids between where it has to cut are way too fast, therefor when the axis tries to move, the motors dont have the torque or power to move them causing it to stall,  which is 1300 units.

Any idea how i change the rapids speed.  My cutting speed is 400 units at the moment then when it rapid moves it jumps to 1300. So i need to slow that down but i dont know how?  Any help

Gaz.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »
Rapids are set in Motor tuning, whatever you have set for the Velocity is you rapid speed.

Hood

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
O.K Cheers Hood.  I have just changed the velocity down from 800 to 400.  But the funny thing is that they have been set at 800 for 2 months now ???  But it seens to be runnig like it was before when cutting.  And now the jog is alot slower than before.  So the only thing that was wrong is that the rapids moving too fast.

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
It isnt running good atall now.  Usually my feedrate when cutting is 500, rapids are 800, jog is also 800.  I have set it to the same as i have done before but the rapids are 1300  >:(  Now i cant cut anything because the cutting feedrate is too slow and if i speed it up then the rapid is too fast causing it to stall. 

Anybody know what i can do just to slow the rapid rates down ??? ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »
The Velocity in motor tuning determines you Max rapid speed.
Jogging will go at full rapid speed unless you have a slow jog % set. If you do then pressing the shift key then a jog key will override the slow jog. You can see by pressing the Tab key whether you have a slow jog % set.
G1, G2 etc moves are commanded by a feedrate so if its too slow you need to command a higher feedrate, for example if you have G1X1F10 it will move to X10 at 10 units per min, if you had F100  instead it would move at 100 units per min.
The only other thing to check is that you are not using G95 mode, that is feed per rev, normally on a mill you would feed in G94, Units per minute.
Hood

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 10:33:37 AM »
The Velocity in motor tuning determines you Max rapid speed.
Jogging will go at full rapid speed unless you have a slow jog % set. If you do then pressing the shift key then a jog key will override the slow jog. You can see by pressing the Tab key whether you have a slow jog % set.
G1, G2 etc moves are commanded by a feedrate so if its too slow you need to command a higher feedrate, for example if you have G1X1F10 it will move to X10 at 10 units per min, if you had F100  instead it would move at 100 units per min.
The only other thing to check is that you are not using G95 mode, that is feed per rev, normally on a mill you would feed in G94, Units per minute.
Hood

The jog % is at 100% and returns 800 feedrate when jogging and rapid when it was working usually.  But now jogs at 800 and rapids at 1300..  The g code is streight from lazycam which i have used from day 1 in the same manor so wont know about the coding.  but what i have also noticed is when starting the cycle it is differant than usuall, i.e  instead of pressing it once and then the z axis moving up 1mm and then it moving on the y & x axis, i have to press it once, it moves 3 codes down (dont know what it is doing) then again and it moves up 1mm, then again to get it cycling.  Could this be the G95 code thing, if so how do i check/change it.

Sorry for all the questions i really do appreciate your time.

Gaz.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
Can you attach your xml please, if using the standard mill profile you will find it in the Mach3 folder and it will be called Mach3Mill.xml. You will need to rename it to get it attached so copy it to your desktop and rename to gaz.xml 

Hood
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 10:41:27 AM »
Maybe your xml and other config settings did not make it to your new set-up.
Might be stopping at the beginning for the tool change when before it didn't ?
RC