Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:39 AM

Author Topic: Gantry mode  (Read 3709 times)

Gantry mode
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
Hi all
   I am not very knowledgeable so here's my question. What Is gantry mode? Did a google on and did not find anything related to CNC. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Gantry mode
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
Where are you seeing the reference to "gantry mode" ?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
I am working with the Galil plug in. Have tried to post in that section but have never gotten a response to any of my questions. This software fascinates me. it seems to have everything but support, and I need a lot lol. I have viewed  all of the videos posted and some of them twice. Have pulled out all post pertaining to Galil and read them back through 09.  Gantry mode comes up a lot in them. It is also mentioned in a lot of the Galil command reference.  Gantry is just one of hundreds of questions racing around in my head. a few others are
1. what c language program would i need to buy to look at the code like some of the videos do?
2. how does one look at the code for the plug in and with what?
3. Some of the videos have stated that there are some further videos that I cant locate. where are they?
4. where is the best document on this software located? and how do i get it.
5. when the software installed it said it was installing a distributable copy of microsoft c++ can I fire that up and look at the things mentioned above? How?

sorry for firing off so many request, but you are the first one to ever answer me on anything in either forum.
Thanks Jimmy Haskins

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:02:07 AM »
Hi Jimmy
 afraid I am going to have to disappoint you as I know nothing regards the Galil or plugins :(
 I am assuming that Gantry mode may be something to do with slaving motors on either side of a gantry but that's only a guess.
I have not looked at any of the Galil videos but I would imagine that the language the plugins are written in is C++, I think there is a development kit on the downloads page for plugin writing but that's way beyond my ken so not sure how much help that would be.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
Well thank you sir I really appreciate any response. I am going back to look at the videos more and try to pay attention.