Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:39 PM

Author Topic: Axis Homing Problem  (Read 8055 times)

Re: Axis Homing Problem
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
after rereading this post I see where there could be huge problems... I mean HUGE problems.... ignor a LIMIT, that is NOT a good IDEA...

Not good BUT only while homing

Hood How is Rev4 coming along  ;D

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »
I do have a question, haven't you had an encoder come unplugged before? If the limit will not cut the drive then it is only a DRAG STRIP for a servo in case of an issue?

If that question is directed to me then I dont have to worry about losing an encoder as I have AC Servos and the drive will fault within milli seconds of the encoder going down ;)
Also my Limits are not only going into Mach but they will also trip my drives so no worries there either and lastly because Mach knows nothing of my homing then my limits are always active.

As said hopefully Brian will add this as an option to always have limits enabled if the user has seperate home switches, but then again you are still replying on software for your limit switches so..........
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Hood How is Rev4 coming along  ;D

Phil

Been doing a lot of testing tonight with Brian and Greg and its coming together well, the uprated speed of communications in Mach was causing issues witht the SS losing communications but Brian now has that sussed and tonight I have just run an 18,000 plus line  file at 20ms update and it ran great, previous to tonight I could only get a few lines  of code before things would crap out and that was at 200ms update :)

Still a  way to go before Rev4 is released but its  looking good and getting closer all the time :) Even better news is Turn should be getting worked on shortly now that the SS issues with Rev4 are sorted :)

Hood
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:15:47 AM »
Hood, you were correct.  The axis zeroed out and then stopped due to limit switch activation.  I raised the debounce to 2000 with no effect.  Since there already was a 2nd limit switch installed, I set this as a seperate home switch and all is well.  I did not want do do this originally due to lack of inputs.  Hopefully I will have the ModBus up and running soon so that will not be a problem.

Thanks for the help......................again.

havery

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 02:20:41 AM »
Glad you got it sorted havery, just a word of caution though regards Modbus, dont put your home switches through it as the timing of home switches are critical and Modbus can be slow for something like that.
Hood