Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 05:06:48 PM

Author Topic: re smooth stepper and no outputs on lpt2  (Read 6395 times)

re smooth stepper and no outputs on lpt2
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
I am having a problem with a cnc4pc c25 board and smooth stepper ,i can get no step and direction signals from the out puts.I have enabled pins 2-9 as out puts in the config page still nothing.The port one side works fine and if i take my A- Axis step and direction wires and hook them too lpt1 on the x axis ,the motor spins right up so for some reason no output signals have tried different pins no deal.I talked to Jeff at warp 9 he thought the break out board did not have a pull up resistor so i hooked a 10k resistor to 5v and the output pins no change .Any one have any idea's or perhap's a known good breakout board recommendation for me that can handle booth ports?

Thanks to all that reply or read my who's ???
Re: re smooth stepper and no outputs on lpt2
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Got it fixed thanks anyway.

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
What was your fix? Somebody may be searching for the same answer in the future...
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »
I found out that pins 2-9 on port 2 can not be used for outputs they are hard wired inputs and can not be changed.But you can get some extra outputs from port one .The documentation is confusing i got a hold of anouther guy who has this C25 board and he helped me out and i bought anouther board a C23 dual port card $198.00 that will scare the heck out of you! along with the smooth stepper at a $165.00  thats a lot for some I/O but i got tired of all the parallel cables and port's and cards .The smooth stepper seems to be working fine but you have to reconfigure your motor tuning and it has big time noise problems but was able to configure it out in the plugin software. Jeff you wrote a thread on tuning the motors for the smooth stepper i had it and lost it do you still know were to find it ?
 Thanks Woffler

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »
Just to be clear, the BOB had the Port 2, pins 2-9 hard wired as inputs, right?

Is this the post you were looking for?

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13762.msg90877.html#msg90877

Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »
Yes that is correct on port 2 pins 2 thru 9 can not be outputs they can only be inputs .This board would be great if you needed a hole bunch of inputs !But as for me i needed more outputs so it would not work for me .The reason i chose the board was i already had a relay board card and a spindle control card that i was wanting to use.So remember the C25 board from cnc4pc is not a good choice for outputs and i wound up purchasing the C23 board with all that already in it .Soon to be having a baord sale anyone need anything ?
 woffler
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »
Yes that is what i was looking for ,Now let's see if i understand how this formula works and i am sure i maybe wrong, hope i do not get yelled at for screwing this up. So say my steps are 10160 do i add the numbers from the velocity window to that number and then divide by 60? To arrive at the steps per second? Need to make some kind of calculator for everyone to use on this ,as i am sure this is going to be asked a lot.
Woffler