Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:35:59 AM

Author Topic: Another THC Hickup I have noticed...Axis acceleration  (Read 11514 times)

Re: Another THC Hickup I have noticed...Axis acceleration
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »
At last!!!!!!!!!!!, I found out why my torch doesn´t work properly!!!!!. I have noticed that trouble, after moving the Z axis with thc up or down buttons Z axis looses many steps, and works so noisy but with your jog buttons it runs very fast and smooth, I´m also using the commands JogOn for moving my Z axis within one script and once you push these buttons it runs nuts. How should I set up my stepper amplifier to react without acceleration?

Thanks everybody for such a useful forum.

I think you need one flashlight for sure cause sometime torch doesn't work heheheh
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »

If I leave the THC speed below 28IPM It seems to work . that's probably fine for flat stuff, I'm more worried about cutting thinner materials at high speed...N

The other issue you'll have with a THC using Mach3 inputs is bouncing.  Because there is no acceleration...or deceleration applied, the axis will always overshoot a little when your THC turns off the output.  This causes it to read high...or low, and correct in the opposite direction.  That continues causing a sine wave cycle.  The higher the THC feedrate, the worse it is.  You can minimize the effect by programming a "dead zone" in the THC.  That would basically stop the Z motor before your actual set point.  If it's set right, the axis would stop right n the set point.  The downside to a dead zone is that as increase it, you lose sensitivity.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »
At last!!!!!!!!!!!, I found out why my torch doesn´t work properly!!!!!. I have noticed that trouble, after moving the Z axis with thc up or down buttons Z axis looses many steps, and works so noisy but with your jog buttons it runs very fast and smooth, I´m also using the commands JogOn for moving my Z axis within one script and once you push these buttons it runs nuts. How should I set up my stepper amplifier to react without acceleration?

Thanks everybody for such a useful forum.

I think you need one flashlight for sure cause sometime torch doesn't work heheheh

Moreover, You would need a famous brand flashlight ,not some cheap ones.