Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:31:14 PM

Author Topic: GCode Sharing  (Read 37433 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: GCode Sharing
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:41:12 AM »
Hi Robert,

A bit of extra info. You can download the LazyCam manual from the members documents section here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.0.html

Tweakie
PEACE
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »
thnx I studied the manual and the instructions and learned quit a bit thnx for the big help.
Now I realized that my LC. can not load all of the G codes. for instance, I write a word and it only loads just 1 letter which is to big or half of the letter.
Is this because of the free version I have or not? and if so, I will then purchase a full version of Mach and LC. But altogether right now I have given up.
LOL. I am fed up. Thnx for your efford to help me, I seem to be hopeless. hahaha. but no problem I am very good at Golf and tennis instead.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:36:29 AM »
Come on Robert - Don't give up that easily.
Building your own machine was the hardest part - It's all plain sailing from now on.

You could try finding some DXF's that you like from this thread on the Zone http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19346 then using LazyCam create the GCode and start engraving stuff. Before you know it, your wife will be complaining that you have far too many place mats and coasters.  ;D

Tweakie.

btw. You are certainly not the oldest guy who is just starting out on the world of CNC.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
Hey Tweakie.CNC:-)  I really appreciate your encouragement and I love you as a friend. I will now try what you suggested and let you know the results. thanks a million for the help. many regards: Robert