Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:35 AM

Author Topic: LED Electronics guys out there?  (Read 10059 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: LED Electronics guys out there?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
"IT'S ALIIIIVE!!"  (in a maniacal Dr. Frankenstein yell)
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 01:47:40 AM »
Way to go Dave - Excellent prototyping solution, values calculated etc.

In my opinion, there are two different approaches to routing PCB's. The easiest way (without having to learn software) is create your circuit design using any drawing program such as Microsoft Powerpoint etc and then outline the result to a vector using something like Acme Trace Art. Trace Art allows the output to be saved as HPGL which can then easily be converted to GCode. The other approach is to use one of the free programs such a Eagle to draw your circuit and produce the output but the initial learning curve for this is quite steep.

You could, of course get a square breadboard, cut a hole in the centre and mount that on your mill  ;D  But seriously PCB's make the job look so much more professional and I think it is worth the learning experience.

Good luck,

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
Thanks Tweakie, and agreed, PCB's make the job look much nicer indeed, but I'm impatient at times so I did it the old fashion way with point to point wiring, lol. Turned out well and now you can see why I needed such a small fitting setup as the channel everything is housed in is very very small. The laser incorporated more compactly and closer to the spindle centerline will be a nice improvement as well. A PCB would have made it even better fitting but, alas, I'm impatient as we just learned seconds ago  ;D

I will definitely be playing with PCB drawing in Paint Shop pro to see what kind of results I can get, and thanks for the helpful info once again-

Some pics for you all.
Thanks,
Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »
That's just neat, Dave. I wanted one for myself after seeing your first one a while back. I will have to incorporate one into my machine when I get to the spindle portion of the build (next millennium).  Maybe with a USB camera instead of, or alongside the laser. Looks real nice, I like it.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 08:47:44 AM »
Thanks Sam -  :)

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »
Dave,
Nice addition to the mill you have done. One of the problems when using CopyCat with a camera is lighting. Maybe an upgrade would be a variable resistor such that you can change the intensity of switches to shut off a bank of lights. Always something to make for whatever reason.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 07:35:27 PM »
Always something to make for whatever reason.

So true....... ::)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave->    ;)