Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:07:29 PM

Author Topic: Cannot access Motor tuning option ?  (Read 7061 times)

Cannot access Motor tuning option ?
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Sorry to be a pest i am a registered full license user but my router PC has Died and need=

to Rebuild and start all over again ... The main problem is that on the se=

cond PC that i Have tried i cannot seem to get the Motor tunning screen to =

appear all else seems ok ?  and i  have already Reloaded MACH3 .but the problem
 is still there .. another clue is that i cant seem to Run the Pulse test P=
rogram so is there something wrong with this other PC ?? Please help want too cut Wood and Plastic :-) finally got some time to play and system wont le=
t me .. Cheer for any tips guys :-[ :-[
Re: Cannot access Motor tuning option ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
I have had this problem in the past. I was using a smooth stepper and didn't install the parallel port driver.

So make sure the driver is installed

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »
hi Phil Thanks for that i'll  try ... dont shoot me down i have Mach 3 demo running on my main PC , But cant remember if the driver thing was an extra install or should it be on the system by default  :-[ :-[  soory mate but do appreciate all the help .. Bloody PC's Just wehn your on a rool they Go T... Up.. My woork shop was freezing so dont think that did th hardrive any favours .. Cheers Good Buddy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
You choose the driver option during the Mach install however that should not stop you getting the motor tuning as I dont have the driver installed on my machines and I get the motor tuning. Might be worthwhile downloading Mach again and installing again.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
Hi Phil in the end thats just what i had to do , Dont quite know why thats happened , i guess it's just  frustration after seeing my Router PC hard drive die... I had to wipe - uninstall all my Mach 3 files including alll my downloaded screen sets  ( Bugger ) and Blow me if after the 3rd try during the install the Driver test Came up and Voila she's all good again ( Fingers crossed ) now all i have to do is sort out all the little tweeks and setting i had on my working System ,,,( Shoulda Gone to Specsavers s or should that be backed up my settings files ) LOL:-0 anyways Phil Thanke for taking the time to help me with this . hopefully sometime tommorow i can get the stuff done and posted here for all to see :) and this time i will screendump all the setting pages LOL:-)  hate when pc's fix themsleves lie this but at least she's up and running .would have liked to have nailed something to know what to look out for the next time but the driver tip was a big step in the right direction .
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
Hood i had the very same problem and now i install the Parallel driver even though I'm not using it, as i said i could get to motor tuning.

This was some time ago so probably one of those funny versions.

wannamakeoneothose  glad its all sorted now do that backup of your settings when your all up and running

If your shop is freezing best leave the PC running we need to get the temperature up in the world as there is no such thing as MM global warming just another excuse for more taxes

Phil

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Phil, how did you install the driver the  time it didnt work?

Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
Hood i just didn't install it.  ;D ;D ;D

Was that a mistake ? probably 8 months ago, i always update to the newer versions when i see them

Phil

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
I am thinking that it may have just been a bad install of Mach that was causing your problem then if you reinstalled Mach to get the driver installed that cured it rather than the actual driver.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
Hood i will not install the driver in future. I have done loads of installs swapping PC's around never ever had a bad install yet, well maybe one.  ;D

The more that info is shared the less the new guys will have to learn or someone will remember or they may even search for the answer

Phil