Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Bugatti Emblem cant get toolpath!  (Read 12289 times)

Re: Bugatti Emblem cant get toolpath!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
NCPlot is free and back plots well.
Or, just open the edit code window in Mach, scroll through the file till you see the circles, then edit the code.
The B circle is around 4455 (lines by 5) and the other was around 38** or so.
Fixed it here in a jiffy.
That G is really goofy though.
I cant get it to offset either....many cutter sizes....no luck.

I'm just a glutton for punishment I guess Rich...addicted.
Russ

edit:  I dont think there is a prob with the dxf, checked it closely here and saw nothing wrong at all in the problem areas.  Expected to though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:24:03 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
Is there a way to export the tool pating back to dxf?

You need a program like NCPLOT which will backplot the gcode and create a dxf file.

RICH

The free version wont create a DXF.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
I see that now too Steve.....thanks.
The free version doesn't even highlight the path as you scroll along. Mach is as good or better imo.
Good luck to ya Steve.
Let us know if you figure it out.
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
There is a program called G-CODE to DXF written by Wayne Hill. I converted a couple files to see how it worked. There are a few artifacts in the Wile E Coyote file, but nothing at all serious. Most likely they are errors I made when I developed the original file, from where the g-code actually came from. I couldn't see any artifacts in the 130,000 line cylon robot file I had testing lithophanes with. The program is free, and weighs in at a hefty 50 KB.

http://www.cnczone.com/modules/Downloads/userfile.php?id=22
and a forum post on the zone I dug up.....
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8814.html
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Ahhh....those aren't artifacts, but rather the rapids in the code.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
My attempt.  Not sure how this would cut.  Looks like it would take hours. I have been playing with this for hours and things to do so I haven't attempted to try to cut the program.

My solution to getting the text to pocket - After took DXF into LCAM, I deleted the text (it just would not pocket right for me) and then used the TEXT function in LCAM to drag new BUGATTI text into the oval.  The Arial Black font is pretty close to what was originally posted and for whatever reason, I was able to use pocketing.

The LCAM file has been zipped.  It was huge.

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:25 PM »
Thanks everybody for trying. I will have to figure out a way to do this. Cant have a bugatti engine without the emblem on it.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »
I GOT IT!!

Don't ask me why but i went into cad and pasted one emblem in each of the 4 corners, one +x and +y, then one +x and -Y and so on. The 2 that were -X of the origin pocketed and went right over the G as like yesterday. The 2 that were +X pocketed perfectly only 3 spots were omited like the area in the middle of the B. The 3 spots were just pocketed on there own and everything is cool. Bonus also because now i can cut 2 at a time. Just needed to change all my J0.0000's to J.0.0001 and mach loaded it right up. I can see 4 crop circles that will be deleted and a cuttin i will go.

If i think about it, the parts that gave me trouble were parts of the emblem that were in the -X region. Maybe LazyCam just doesen't like doing things in the negitive region.

Anywho, when i get these things cut, I'll send a picture in the show-n-tell section.

Thanks again!!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
Glad you got it to work. Hope it machines well for you.
RICH