Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:36:33 AM

Author Topic: Feed rate  (Read 5427 times)

Feed rate
« on: February 10, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering where in mach3 Turn I can choose to put a feedrate I'm going to use in case the program doesn't refer to it.

Thanks!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Feed rate
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
In general,you can insert it along with any G01 code / move  and remains in effect.

G01 Linear Move
(a)   For linear motion at feed rate (for cutting or not), program G1 X~ Y~ Z~ A~ B~ C~, where all the axis words are optional, except that at least one must be used. The G1 is optional if the current motion mode is G1. This will produce co-ordinated linear motion to the destination point at the current feed rate (or slower if the machine will not go that fast).

(b) If G16 has been executed to set a polar origin then linear motion at feed rate to a point described by a radius and angle G0 X~ Y~ can be used. X~ is the radius of the line from the G16 polar origin and Y~ is the angle in degrees measured with increasing values counterclockwise from the 3 o'clock direction (i.e. the conventional four quadrant conventions).

Coordinates of the current point at the time of executing the G16 are the polar origin.

It is an error if:

ยจ    all axis words are omitted.

If cutter radius compensation is active, the motion will differ from the above; see Cutter Compensation. If G53 is programmed on the same line, the motion will also differ; see Absolute Coordinates.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:38:40 AM »
There are two places that come to mind

Initialization string on general config page, this is a good place for default feed rates along with either G95 or G94

You can do it on the MDi line

But, and its a big but they will get overridden if they are referred to when a g code program file is run.

So best to make sure you have them correct in the g code file, they are not hard to search for if you open the file for editing in Mach

Phil

The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply.

What I was wondering is if you can choose a feed rate used ALWAYS by putting it in the mach options, not the program.

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 09:45:45 AM »
Thanks, all clear
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:40:55 AM »
Hey Phil,

Regarding what you say in the part of the overridden I didn't quite understand it. If I want to put a constant feed rate I'd put F.25 and nothing else right?

What problems may it cause?

Thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
Hey Phil,

Regarding what you say in the part of the overridden I didn't quite understand it. If I want to put a constant feed rate I'd put F.25 and nothing else right?

What problems may it cause?

Thanks

If you use commands from the MDI then no problem, but if you run a g code file with F1 in it then that will be the new default feed when you exit the G code and go back to using MDI.

This is where cam software comes in as it can be made to reset back to your default's on exit, when you are making code as you go you will make mistakes/forget to set something

Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
Ok, I understand what you say.
Anyway I'm using the same F on my program, I just wanna put it as the standard one as a precaution.

So from what I understand all I have to do is put F.25 on my MDI line to get a default feed rate right?

Thanks a lot
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
Yeah it will stay like that until you change it.

Hopefully you will be able to see the rate it's set at on the screen in a DRO

Phil

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:31:10 AM »
Works as you said.

Thanks for your help as always!