Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:06:42 AM

Author Topic: RoHS and CE Compliance  (Read 3088 times)

RoHS and CE Compliance
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:26:03 PM »
Does anyone know of a supplier of motors, drivers, breakout boards, power supplies, etc. that are RoHS and CE compliant?
Re: RoHS and CE Compliance
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
The CE mark is a fairly general quality/safety mark for almost anything sold within the European economic area, and RoHS is now firmly in force for all but the military. So basically anything you buy new in Europe will almost certainly be compliant by now. Is this an end user requirement? It's not a hard one to meet.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:18 AM »
Yes, this is an end user requirement. I originally purchased a 4 axis system from Probotix, but the only item that was CE compliant was the power supply. I can use this system for my demo model, however the next machine I build has to be both CE and RoHS compliant. I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:11 AM »
Does anyone know of a supplier of motors, drivers, breakout boards, power supplies, etc. that are RoHS and CE compliant?

Things change in the blink of an eye but last time I looked at CE conformity, some components (i.e. not complete products) and particularly those sold to OEMs didn't need to be CE conformant - not sure if this is still the case. Remember also that sourcing your components is only half the story particularly with CE conformity slightly less so with ROHS. Just because all the components are marked doesn't mean your final product conforms and visa virsa. Although you can self assert conformity of your product and hence affix the mark, you should be sure your product does actually conform to all the appropriate directives and that you can prove it if needs be. Remember also that the CE mark says nothing about quality - it just says, you say, it minimally conforms to the appropriate directives.

Cheers

Ian