Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 04:04:43 AM

Author Topic: dro's no movint  (Read 25203 times)

Re: dro's no movint
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »
Rich,

Did you create a new xml or modify the one I sent. I have a copy of the one I sent and I did have the port set to 0. I guess I did that when I reloaded xp and mach3. I had it set to one on the previous one. Dir pins are changing state on breakout board now.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: dro's no movint
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2010, 10:34:47 PM »
bobbya47,
In #65 the xml i posted had the following changes done:
- Step and dir was set for active high... so when Mach instructs a pulse to be sent out to the PP it would be at  the higher voltage
- Estop was checked to be emulated
- x- and x+ had the left and right arrow keys assigned to them
- I changed the motor tuning to 20000 ( quess only ) vel to 20, acel to 5, step and dir pulse to 4us ( that' s what a friends Compumotor drives recommend, i don't know what model drive you had so only a guess)

In reply #68, just a picture and nothing else,  i just instructed, as Hood remarked,  to change the port assigned to pin 2 &3 to port 1 since it was 0
----------------------------------------------------------

Now attach the cable to the computer pp and see if a signal sent to pin 2 & 3 ( x axis) are comming out the other end of the cable on pin 2 & 3.....if that works

Then  look up in your manual what the recommended pulse time and voltage to the drive should be. I posted info on that in another reply....also change your steps per  based on what your drive micro step setting is as i assumed 10

Glad you finaly got a signal to te break out board...... ;D  ;D  ;D
RICH