Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:50:03 AM

Author Topic: DSPMC and ESTUN  (Read 4365 times)

DSPMC and ESTUN
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:38:17 AM »
Hello all,
It's been a while since my last post here. I have upgraded my machine to newer drives and motors (the older ones just didn't perform well) and I have done a lot of changes to machine. I have some problem about connecting. Where on DSPMC can I connect pin 18/36 which can be found on page 40 in the manual?

Thanks,
Peter
Re: DSPMC and ESTUN
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
Those wires appear to be the encoder ground or 0v. On the encoder breakout board there are the connections for the a, b and z plus thier complements. Next to hem are the ground or 0v volt connections. I don't have the manual handy so I can't give you the pin numbers.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
Thanks Mike for helping me. Are those ground pins on J6 and J7 the same as on J2 port? I have all connections done without boards (exept J4 board) so I don't have a spare cable left. I was thinking to connect them to ground cables on J2 port. Will that be ok?

Thanks,
Peter
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:53:42 AM »
I am not sure and that your best bet would be to get Rufi to chime in. IIRC some of the grounds are interconnected internally but as I said I am not sure about the encoder grounds.

Mike.

P.S. Glad to help.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.