Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:48:20 AM

Author Topic: help setting soft limits  (Read 7553 times)

help setting soft limits
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
 Useing mach 3  on a home built router .Just put home switches on my router.They home the way they should and reset dro to  0. But when I turn on the soft limits button I get a (out of soft limit activison limit) code and x moves but y and z won't move till turn off the soft limit button.If I turn off z and y in the home/limits config . X homes and the soft limit works. Any ideas????

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: help setting soft limits
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »
What version of Mach are you running?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
Mach 3 ver 2.63

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »
Your soft limit min should be the most negative number and your soft limit max should be the most positive.  0 is more positive than a negative number.  1 is more negative or less positive than 2.  Turn off your soft limits and ref the machine.  Look at machine coordinates and see what the axis are and write those numbers down (this should all be 0 unless you have a home off distance entered).  Then jog all axis to the far position, look at machine coordinates and write those numbers down (these should all be a negative number if your homing positive).  These are the numbers that will go in your softlimits min and max dros.

Brett 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!