Third party software and hardware support forums. > NC Pod

Ncpod is not recognized

(1/4) > >>

raccawasaki:
Hello everybody,

I am building my first cnc..its all new for me..

I am just got all the parts too connect my cnc to the computer..yeahhhh ;D
the powersupply and driver cards are all on green leds and i see no smoke  8) thank god

I also have connected the ncpod to a adapter (4,65 volts and 300 ma) and to the usb..on my comp. whit mach3
but i dont see the ncpod leds light up and i can not recognize the ncpod..
but the ncpod gets little bit warm..so it gets power right??

i installed the drivers ..and the plugin

i cannot install the firmware because it is not recognized yet???

what am i doing wrong here..or is my ncpod allready broken or??? :-\

raccawasaki:
Hello ,

Ncpod is working now..that problem is solved.. ;D (power supply was not good connected) leds working now..drivers installed whit latest firmware

Ncpod have +5..grd(-5)..step and dir wires for motor outputs..and the ME742 has Pul+/Pul-/Dir+/Dir-/Ena+/Ena-

What i understand from the diagram i need +5 to connect too Pul+
                                                             Pul connect to Pul-
                                                             Dir connect to Dir -

Where should i connect the gnd(5-) wire??????

Ena + and -  needs to be unconnected if i am correct..because that disables the driver when connected.

Please somebody helpp  :)

raccawasaki:
Hello,

everything working now ;D..only now the Master and slave axis is turning same direction.
I can not reverse it in mach3..does not work

Also when i ref all axis to zero and regen..al is ok ..but when i reset the coordinates change to last cordinates again..when i reset again it go to 0 again..and so on..and so on??

does anybody have had same problems??

greetz ,
Ralf

Graham Waterworth:
Hi Ralf,

it is sad to say but the NCPod is not very well covered here, The moderator has not kept up to his promise so support is very limited, sorry but you may be one of only a hand full of users.

To reverse the Y axis you need to swap one pair of motor wires over.

Good luck.
Graham

raccawasaki:
When everything is working i will make a good video on youtube..and try too explain as much as i can.. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version