Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:54:18 PM

Author Topic: Saving Tool Table...  (Read 3025 times)

Saving Tool Table...
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
What is the trick to getting Mach3 to SAVE the tool table when you exit?  My probing macros correctly setup the length offsets, but when I close Mach3, and re-start it, the offsets are all gone.  Surely there is a way to save the offsets to XML??

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Tool Table...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
Tried pressing apply? works for me on the lathe.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
Tried pressing apply? works for me on the lathe.
Hood

Hood,

The tool table is loaded by my tool length probing macros, and that all works fine.  But the table apparently exists only in memory.  Is it really necessary to manually open the tool table the click "Apply" to get it written to disk?  If I manually edit the table, and don't click "Apply", exiting the dialog, and re-opening it will show the old settings.  But in this case, I probe all the tools, open the tool table dialog, and it shows the correct values.  Seems really odd that it would still be necessary to click Apply at this point.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
Well if I dont click apply I get asked if I want to save the table when I shut Mach down, but again this is turn so not sure about Mill.
Couple of things you could try, first is check the Tools3.dat is not read only and if its not then maybe at the end of your macro have DoMenu(1,14)

Hood

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:55:19 AM »
Hi Ray,

put a DoOEMButton(316) at the end of your macro.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops