Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:21:08 AM

Author Topic: Some new Breakout boards that use an index pulse  (Read 3709 times)

Some new Breakout boards that use an index pulse
« on: December 08, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »
There are some new boards out there ( www.cncbuildingblocks.com ) that work very well for those of you with servos... with this board you can home off an index pulse and I know there are a few of you out there that would like to know about such a thing :) I have one of his boards here and I must say they look very nice! I wish I could do 2% of what the hardware guys can do!! Thank you to all you that make hardware to hook into Mach3!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Some new Breakout boards that use an index pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »
Yeap I have a pair of these as well, You can set your encouder counts to where you want it to home back TOO!!! and it repeats to that count every time!!! Your accuracy of home is only limited by your Mechanical back lash at that point. Further they are TRUE opto isolated, you can run 2 supplies, one for TTL level, and one for 12, 24 or what ever volts on your field side. The Encouder inputs allow Differential Encouders, that will translate to the Single ended on the other side of the board if you use stuff like Geckos. True HIGH speed optos 10 MHZ!!!!!!

Since I use PLC's, I also use his 24 bit High Speed Opto Card, you can run upto 4 different supplies with this One supply per 12 inputs or out puts!!  This allows me to convert TTL signals from Mach to the 24 volt that ADC PLC's like, and back to mach.

Check him out, His boards may be higher than others, but The boards are HEAVY duty and well made, the components used alone are almost worth the price of the board. You really DO get what your pay for, my homing routine on my Mill is now repeatable to within 2/10ths.

Scott

fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 09:40:29 AM »
I had a look and even made a phone call. Very nice things. ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 03:13:47 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 I just ordered a PMDX  breakout yesterday, now it looks like I will have to try and save again to get this one, wish I had known about this 24hrs ago as I am wanting the Index pulse homing on the lathe. C'est la vie
Hood