Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:57:46 PM

Author Topic: Problem posting Lazycam to Mach  (Read 8850 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Problem posting Lazycam to Mach
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
Did you open LazyCam from within Mach? ie; FILE>LazyCam
Did you check the box....post file to Mach3 when posted in LC's ....SETTINGS>POSTING OPTIONS?

Free version of Mach and or LazyCam? Free version of Mach limits the number of lines it will run and you need the Pro version of LazyCam
to post when using any of the advanced features.

RICH
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »
I opened LC as a stand alone. Does it need to be opened from MACH?
In LC,  I set the Posting Options to post code to C:/MACH3/GCode (a folder generated by MACH at install.)

At this time, I only have the free versions of both programs. I thought I read that LC will post IF the parallel port setting in MACH is turned off so it will "simulate".

Bob
"For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

UNKNOWN

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »
Does it need to be opened from MACH?
Yes, otherwise it goes to whatever directory you defined.
So open MACH, and then open LC via the File tab.  The in LC check the box as said in my other reply.

LC will post IF the parallel port setting in MACH is turned off so it will "simulate".
I don't know where you read that......

RICH
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
Will try it tomorrow. Thankls for info! Also, don't remember where I read the parallel port thing, maybe somewhere on the forum site. I'm really not going crazy...I saw it somewhere!
"For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

UNKNOWN

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »
You can dry run / simulate a file in Mach with no machine movement if  the controller is disconnected from the PC ( PP cable not attached), or the motors are disengaged, or if the PP port is not defined in Mach. Simply put, if the pulse stream from the PC is not going anywhere.
I think that is what you are meaning.

LC posting / use  is still restricted as noted in my other reply. If unlicensed then you will get an error if you try to do a pocketing for example.

RICH

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »
Got it. Thanks!

UNKNOWN

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
 ;)
RICH
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
Rich,
Finally found where I read the "...disabled the parallel port to test code.." comment I mentioned earlier. It was on "THE HOME OF MACH3 AND LAZYCAM" page under LAZYCAM. I assumed (wrongly) it applied to LazyCam. It said.

"Licensing and Updating...

A license is only required on the computer(s) actually running the machine(s). If a computer not connected to a machine is used to test code, please use Mach3 in Simulation mode - it will remove the 500 line limit.  Simulation mode can be accessed by uninstalling (or not installing) the Parallel Port Driver."Although I was wrong in which application it applied, at least I know I'm not crazy!
Thanks!
Bob

UNKNOWN

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »
at least I know I'm not crazy

Well that's your opinion, you posted and I replied.......... only room for one to fly over the cuckoo's nest,  guess we'll just leave it up to all the other users to figure it out!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
RICH