Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:36:18 AM

Author Topic: Bugatti Logo  (Read 5772 times)

Bugatti Logo
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »
I said i would post pictures of the Bugatti plates when finished. Thanks again for all the Lazycam help.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Bugatti Logo
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
stevebuck,

Glad it all worked out. And looks good. I think you can even make it look better if you so desire.......
Just a matter of how meticulous you want to be with the work of art you did, so , please not condeming in any manner way or form.

Illusions happen with letters, such that GJOQSU need to below an alignment line as sometimes they will appear to be too small see illusions pic.You just tweak it some and let your eye be the judge.

Color is the difference between a dark and light background and i have roughly shaded in the background to show what  i am meaning. Changing the letters width and spacing will adjust the color and provide for better visualization by the eye.
See colr1 pic. Do you see i meanit?

I realy hope you take the comments in the right light .........

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
Hello Rich!

I still need to color the recessed part with red. The red paint will be cut to 35% paint and the very thin mixture will be daubed in and left to dry about 5 times. The whole thing will take about a week. Once that is done the only raw aluminum will be the top surfaces.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
Personally, I think Ettore would approve!  Very nicely done.  Just one guy's opinion

What size end mill did you use for the pocketing?

What type milling machine are you using?

And, How long did it take to cut the piece.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
What size end mill did you use for the pocketing?
What type milling machine are you using?
And, How long did it take to cut the piece.

Used a .020 endmill
Used a home brew milling machine of my own design.
Took about 4-1/2 hours because my spindle wont spin very fast. . . . Yet!

I have 2 coats of red paint on them. When they are completely dry, I'll send a few pics.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Here they are after the paint.