Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:42:46 PM

Author Topic: There is a God!!!!!Keygrabber Axis Gain question  (Read 82806 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
There is a God!!!!!Keygrabber Axis Gain question
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:03:01 PM »
Hello All, I'm new to all of this. I have installed Mach3 on my knee mill. It is insane what Mach3 will do for the money. Hats off to Artsoft!!!! I installed a gamepad for a pendant. All of the analog axis work great. I can creep and I can rapid. My question is, I'm trying to use the only ava. axis left for a gain control for my other three axis. I have set it up as axis gain in the hid keys as well as the joystick controls and put all kind of numbers in the misc. settings. Still nothing. Can someone shed some light on this?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:16:40 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: (Newbe) Axis Gain
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »
Sorry, I dont understand that one. Whats an axis gain and how are you setting it up.?

Art

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
As I said, I'm new to all of this so please bare with me. As I understand it I can set up one axis of the gamspad as an axis gain. In keygrabber under joysticks, you set the axis as an axis gain. Also under hid keys, translates to, special keys. There is also axis gain here. I was thinking I could use this as a gain override for the other axis. If this is so I could push the other axis to 100%, override it with the axis gain and really creep for touch offs and such. It goes over this In the mach2 customization download on page 8-8.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
Ill have to wait for someone else to answer this one, Ive never used keygrabber.

Art
Re: Keygrabber Axis Gain question
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »
I'm gonna take a stap that you are referring to feed override?  Sort of a way to increase or decrease your axis feed rate from what you have defined as standard.  Take a look at what the screen set is using for + and - feed override and try assigningthose keystrokes to your HID with Keygrabber.  If I've guessed wrong, please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:16:35 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I have looked at that and actually reset those in screen design. I have the increse as T and the decrese as K. I set up the axis to key these as a two stage typematic. That works great, however when I move one of the analog axis to the extreme it still rapids. The analog works great, it will move .0001 at the time if I can control my finger good enough. I would like to set it up so that if I use the axis I'm using for my gain to run the slow jog to .1 the the other axis will move ever so slowly even if pushed to the extreme limit.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »
Sorry Jeff. No, I'm not speaking of feed override, I set these up on the d-pad, that works great. I was refering to the slow jog. I bring this up with the tab key. The mpg screen.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 07:46:03 AM »
I'm still not sure what you are trying to do, so I'll answer a bit generically.

The Keygrabber software translates from the button you are using into the virtual keystroke that you select to match it.  Each time you press the button, the matched keystroke is sent to MACH.  You can check your work by using the keyboard to send the same keystrokes.  If it works from the keyboard, then the issue lies with either the setup or the capabilities of Keygrabber.  If MACH still doesn't behave the way you expect when you are sending the keystrokes directly from the keyboard, then it's either a setup problem (maybe a typo in the screen setup on the MPG assigning the keystroke or some incompatibility with the specific character key you've chosen) or you are trying to make MACH do something that Art has not written in (it's always his fault anyway :-) ), or a confusion on your part about how the specific function is designed to work.

I know this isn't the specific answer, but it's the best I can do since I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish.  At least it gives you a way (hopefully) to troubleshoot the problem.  If you can go into some detail of step-by-stem what you would like the tool to do and what specific steps you are taking to try this procedure, I think it may clear some of the fogs of confusion away for Brian, Art, myself and others.

Hope this helps a bit.
Jeff

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
Thanks Jeff. The Mach 2 customization documentation goes over this on page 8-7 (very bottom) and continued on 8-8. I'm running mach3 version R1.84.001. I set axis 2 as my Z, axis 3 as my X and axis 4 as my Y. I would like to set axis one as my axis gain. When I built a pendant with some joystick switches I had a button that = the shift key for rapid. The other n.o. switches = my direction (arrow) keys for the X and Y. Page up and page down for the Z. The analog sticks are set to the same key strokes only there is no rapid (shift key). In keygrabber under joysticks, if I rapid at 60IPM (set up in motor tuning) I set the gain to 100% the the joystick moves the axis at 60IPM. If I set the gain to 10% the fastest the joystick will jog is 6IPM. All of this is right. If I assign a button or joystick axis as (axis gain) go to the misc. settings in keygrabber and set the joystick sensitivity buttons so that up = 100% and down = 10% then when I press the button (or move the joystick axis) I should be able to jog at 60IPM or 6IPM. I have not been able to make this happen yet.If you will send me an e-mail with your phone number I would gladly call you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 02:14:20 PM by Chaoticone »

Hood

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 05:43:40 PM »
I am not sure if the "slow Jog rate" on the Tab  screen works for a joystick or not, give it a go and see. If it does then you could set up a couple of buttons to increase/decrease the jog rate. What you will need to do is use screen 4 to add the buttons to your screen on every page you wish to be able to control the jog rate. You can make them invisible or offscreen if you dont want to see them. The  slow down uses the OEM code 112 and hotkey of 219 which is the [ key. The increase button uses OEM 111 and Hotkey 221 which is the ] key.
 This is possibly not what you are looking for but each press of the button will step up (or down) the jog rate percentage.
Hood